Chapter 6

•Amy•

"This is strange. I don't think I've ever heard of a guy wanting to brush a woman's quills before." Amy thought as she picked up her brush. "I wonder if he knows how to braid?" Amy looked at herself in her mirror. Her quills were probably not long enough for a braid. "Ah poo..." Amy shrugged and walked back out to her living room. Sonic was sitting crossed-legged, waiting for her to join him.

"Here you go." Amy handed Sonic the brush and sat down, also crossed-legged, in front of him. Sonic slowly and gently began to brush her quills. "If I hurt you, just tell me." Sonic warned Amy. "Okay, is this your first time brushing a girls quills?" Amy asked him.

"No, I used to have a girlfriend, I brushed her hair a lot."

"Used to?" Amy asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Yea, uhm... Issues came up and she dumped me."

"Oh, sorry I brought it up." Amy apologized. "It's okay! I wasn't that crazy over her. She was really bossy, glad that relationship is over with." Sonic explained to her. Amy didn't respond after that, silence crept into the room.

Sonic finished brushing Amy's quills and handed her back the brush. "Thanks, Sonic. I'm kinda tired, so I think I'm gonna go take a shower and go to bed."

Sonic yawned and agreed with her. "Mind if I watch TV before I go to bed?" Sonic asked her. Amy shook her head, "just don't buy anything." She warned him.

Amy walked into her bathroom and began to get ready for a shower. "Too bad I'll have to mess up my quills again." She sighed, disappointed because her quills were finally straight again. "Oh well," she sighed once more, (with all the sighing she does you'd think her to be a very sad person).

•Sonic•

"Goddammit, what's wrong with me?" Sonic asked himself in a whisper when he heard the shower start. "I'm such an idiot! She must think I'm a total creep!" Sonic hid his face in the pillow on the couch. "What am I saying? I'm a criminal, a creep, a weirdo! If she knew who I was and who I've hurt and killed..."

[Sonic is mostly a thief, but has killed people]

"She'd be so scared of me... I can't let her find out. The people in town didn't seem to recognize me, did they?"

Sonic began to think back. "Everyone was very clueless, but that Tails fellow... He kept staring at me." He lifted his head from the pillow and grabbed the TV remote. "I need to chill..."

The TV went immediately to the news. The headline read: News Alert, once famous thief and murder, Sonic T. Hedgehog has escaped the Möbious prison. According to the ruler of the prison "there is no need to fear. He will be captured soon."

Sonic growled angrily and changed the channel. "I can't believe it! They said I was once famous? And not to fear me? I'm to be feared! I am a vicious criminal! That stupid Egghead, when I see him I'll run him over! Not one of those idiotic guards could catch me. EVER!"

Sonic tapped his foot angrily as he channel surfed. "Man, there's nothing interesting to watch!" Sonic complained and laid down on the couch. "This is boring, if it gets anymore boring I'll have to find something to do."

Sonic laid down and channel surfed for another 20 minutes. Amy had already gotten out of the shower and was fast probably asleep. He had went to tell her he was going out, but her bedroom door was locked.

"Figures, I am a stranger, she probably thinks I'd rape or hurt her. Good to know she's cautious." He grinned and stared at her door. "One day I'll be welcomed into that room." And with that thought, he ran out of the house and to where he had previously been earlier.

"Oh damn! I hope she got the present... Does she need another?"

Sonic shook his head. "It's bad thievery to steal from the same place two times in one day. They'd definitely catch me." Sonic concluded and bounced up to the rooftops on the streets. "I've got to start off small businesses n this town, just until I know where the real riches are." Sonic scanned the area. "Let's see here, what place looks stupid enough to loot from?" He laughed.

He spotted a gas station that didn't look hard to steal from. "Easy job for someone like me." Sonic gloated to himself. "Plus, thus is just me passing the time. I'm not gonna steal anything really valuable; not like stuff at a gas station are valuable." He snickered and jumped to the other rooftops until he reached the gas station.

He jumped off the roof and landed easily on the ground. He dusted himself off and strolled into the station. The employee that was working was blowing a piece of gum in his mouth. He looked rather nerdy, like someone you'd pick on in school.

As Sonic walked along the isles he bumped into something. "Hey! Watch it- I mean, I'm terribly sorry." He apologized and stood up.

"Oh, it's okay." Said the man, he was large, big, fat, purple cat. "Name's Big, I'm the owner of this gas station." He smiled and offered his hand to shake. "Hi, I'm... Uh... New around here." Sonic smiled back, politely. "Well people here are really nice, you'll enjoy it here." Big looked outside the store. To see some that there was still some wreckage."Except for when it storms... Anyways, feel free to look around. We have fishing supplies 50% off this week!" Big left, carrying in his hands a large bag of chips and a donut.

"This has got to be the best gas station to rob ever!" Sonic looked around for security cameras discreetly. He eventually found a tiny souvenir that looked interesting, along with a pack of gum. He went to the back and to the bathroom. He peeled off the labels, stuck some gum in his back pocket, and placed the tiny souvenir between his arm and armpit. "This is so uncomfortable..." He groaned, but he was having fun, so he didn't stop.

He waved goodbye to the employee who just rolled his eyes and looked back at his phone screen. "And Bog said they were 'nice people', some joke!" Then he caught himself. These people are a whole lot nicer than he is.

He shrugged and strolled along the streets on his way back to Amy's. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed someone behind him, following him. Sonic picked up his pace, so did the other person.

"Damn, some creep! What if it's a spy from the prison?!" Sonic gulped, he didn't want Amy to get in trouble. He had to go somewhere else, and fast.

But before he could speed off the person jumped into the air and landed in front of him. It was Tails, from the morning.

"I know who you are, Sonic the thief."