Chapter 10

•Sonic•

"She's right here, in my arms." Sonic could hardly breathe, not because she was heavy, but because she was so close. He was overfilled with joy, but he couldn't show it. He didn't want to scare Amy, he wouldn't want her thinking he's a creep.

"How do you know where my shop is?" Amy asked him suddenly. "Shit." Sonic thought. "Uh... I don't? I'm going on gut feeling!"

Amy raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. "Thanks for doing this." Amy said. "No problem at all."

"I'm sorry for being so suspicious of you back there. I'm not really used to help and people like you."

"People like me?"

"I mean, I've never had someone force me to take money, be this nice or caring...
Or get me a necklace."

Sonic's face went red. "She found the necklace! Is she wearing it?" Sonic was overjoyed. "Well, you know, it's all in a day's work." He winked at Amy. She smiled back at him, a small blush appeared on her muzzle.

They arrived shortly, Sonic dropped Amy to the ground and stood behind her with a smile. "Ready for duty!"

"Start sweeping inside and I'll take care of stuff outside." Amy informed him. Sonic nodded and was handed a broom. He whistled as he swept the sticks and leaves outside of the shop.

"I feel like I was supposed to do something else today." He pondered and scratched his head.

"Psst! Sonic! Come on!" Sonic looked around the room until he saw the large gap in the ceiling and Tails sitting on the ledge. "Oh, right, thievery lessons."

"I can't go, come down here and help. This is your first lesson, call it community service." 

Tails hopped down from the ceiling and took a look inside. "Storm did a number on this one."

"Yeah, now grab a broom. Amy needs this place spotless." Tails rolled his eyes. "What about lessons-"

"The better your reputation, the less likely you're able to get caught. Now I gave you an order." Sonic snapped aggressively and continued to sweep. Tails started to wind his tails up and blew all of the dust and sticks out of the room in seconds.

Sonic stared at Tails, surprised by his power. "What? Don't tell me you didn't notice them before?" Tails asked him. Sonic's gaze hardened. "I did notice them, I just thought they weren't special. Some freaky mutation, but I was wrong."

Amy walked in the room and gasped when she saw Tails. "Oh! Sorry! I should've knocked." Tails apologized to her. "No, no, it's okay, you just surprised me." She told him.

Something creaked loudly from above Sonic's head. He looked up to see a wooden board starting to slip. It came straight towards Amy.

"Amy!" Sonic yelled and leapt to save her, he landed on top of her and clutched her firmly.

"Sonic?" Tails said from behind him. Sonic turned around to see that Tails had caught the board, but a nail was lunged into his hand.

"Oh God!" Amy said, and leapt up to inspect his wound. "Stay here, I'll call the hospital." She dashed out of that room to outside, where she had a hanging wall phone.

Sonic smiled at Tails. "Good job, I respect your sacrifice. I'll think about harder lessons." He smirked with an evil grin. "Anything to get your approval, Sonic." Tails smiled back, nervously.

Sonic worked with Amy and Tails all morning until it hit dinner. Now, Sonic laid down on the couch, Amy had went to take a shower. He was too tired to keep his eyes open any longer. "Who would've thought gardening would be hard work?" He chuckled and flipped to his side.

Within only thirty minutes, Sonic was tossing and turning. He hadn't had a nightmare like this in years.

Sonic was at the shop, reliving the accident from earlier, but this time, Tails hadn't been there. The board hit Amy and sent her flying across the room. "Amy!" Sonic shouted and ran to her. "Amy? Amy?! Come on!" There was blood everywhere. "Amy, wake up! Y-You can't go! You were the one thing I cared about! Please, please, please!" What followed was a bloodcurdling scream of despair, mixed with various cuss words.

He was clinging onto Amy's body, every so often he would dip his head down and kiss her forehead, then beg for her to open her eyes. He would then start screaming again. "Please, Amy... I-I'll take care of you. No one will find us, I can make... I-I can make you happy! Just open your eyes! Just open her goddamn eyes!"

"SONIC!"

Sonic jumped up from his nightmare, Amy was standing in front of him. "Are you okay?" She asked him gently. She took a step forward and rubbed her hand over his head.

When she did that, Sonic noticed he was sweating and had tears going down his muzzle. He sniffed and wiped the tears away as quickly as he could. "I'm fine, it was just a bad dream." He sniffed again. "Some bad dream, huh?" Amy smiled kindly, "if your okay, I guess I should go-"

"No! I-I mean... no... please don't go... stay a little longer, please." Sonic felt his tears coming back. He tried to push them back, he shut his eyes as hard as he could, but he still couldn't stop them.

Amy sat beside him and gave him a hug, it felt like something strange to Sonic. He had never experienced something so warm and soft before. The only thing that came close to this feeling was when a guard would pick him up and throw him in his cell after a fight. He hated those guards.

He loved Amy.

Sonic gulped, his heart was beating faster and faster, he needed to tell her he loved her. All he wanted was to hold her, all he wanted was to touch her. She was like a virus, spreading across his body, until he slipped into insanity.

"Amy..."

"Yes, Sonic?"

"What would you do if... someone said they... loved you?" He finally choked out.

"I'd tell them I loved them too-"

"No, I mean, love loved you."

Amy went silent for a few seconds. "It would depend on the person, and if he was nice, what his goals were, ect."

"Oh... Okay, but what if he wasn't that nice before and wants to change?"

Amy let out a giggle. "Sonic, you're the nicest guy I know, and you've probably opened my eyes more than anyone. If you want to say something say it."

Sonic gulped, "I love you, I think you're amazing and can do anything. I've been a bad person my entire life, and I want to tell you the things I've done. However, I'm scared you'll run away and never look at me again. I love you, Amy Rose. I'm not asking you to date me. I just wanted you to know that I love you."

Amy smiled at him and leaned forward. She kissed him on his ear. "I love you too." She whispered.