Chapter 7

Sonic gritted his teeth, ready for a fight if necessary. "Listen here, kid, I don't want trouble. I just want-" Tails immediately threw himself onto his knees. "Please teach me how to master the art of thievery!"

Sonic blinked and stood up straight. "You... Want me-" Sonic pointed to himself. "-To teach you how to steal?" Sonic asked Tails.

"Yes! Please! I've admired your work since you first stole the greatest jewels in Möbious, the Chaos Emeralds. I was heart broken when they caught you." Tails was still on his knees, begging. "Please! I will do anything!"

Sonic narrowed his eyes and walked around Tails, inspecting him. "Do you have a wire on you?" Sonic growled at him. "No, I wouldn't dare betray you." Tails responded immediately. "Hoe do you know who I am? I thought this place had shit information on the outside world." Sonic asked him, putting his foot on Tails' back, pushing him further into the ground. "I moved here a year after you got thrown in the slammer. I shoplifted a lot in my hometown, trying to be like you-"

"I don't care. Do others know?"

"I-I don't think so. Everyone is really disconnected here. Only a few people have TV's or radi-"

"Stand up", Sonic demanded. "If your really serious about this, you've gotta know some things." Sonic paused and gave Tails the most deadliest and serious glares ever. It sent chills up Tails' spine.

"First, I won't tolerate any betrayal. If I find out you've betrayed me, you're DEAD. Got it?" Sonic hissed at him. Tails nodded, Sonic could see the fear in his eyes. "Second, you're gonna do everything I say, when I say it. Third, if I ask you a question I expect that to be answered in less than 5 seconds. If you don't know the answer, go make yourself acquainted to the nearest library and get back to me in an hour. You don't have it in an hour, you're out."

Tails nodded, taking this all in rather easily. Sonic crossed his arms and nodded. "Alright, your in. We start training tomorrow. Meet me at the top of the mountain." He smiled and pat Tails' back. "One more thing, you start getting your cut when you prove yourself. Until then, everything is mine." Sonic smirked and ran away, leaving Tails.

"And by mine, I mean Amy's and mine." Sonic thought happily, he felt ecstatic. He could help Amy more than ever now. Sonic stopped halfway home and looked to his side. The waves were crashing by the shore. "I... I've never wanted to help someone so much before. I've gotta love her? This is what I'm feeling, right?"

Sonic put his hand on his chest. "She absolutely can't know who I am. No way, she can't find out. Ever." He started running again, this time, he went passed Amy's house.

"She won't find out, she can't find out everything I've done."

"But I wanted everyone to know my name a few years ago."

"Everyone except her."

Sonic was arguing with himself. Criminal fame or a secret criminal love? "Who cares", Sonic thought. "After what I'm going to do tonight, it won't matter."

Sonic ran around the entire place, while searching for what he needed for his plan, he found out a lot of information.

First, he was on an island, a middle sized island that had very little "rich" people on it. The richest house he had seen belonged to the mayor. There were a total of 6 neighborhoods in all, only one looked rich. All the others were probably living paycheck to paycheck. However, most of the island was overrun by farms and livestock. If Amy ever needed eggs he'd be able to get them quite easily.

Finally, Sonic found what he was looking for near the top of the mountain.

The power station.

The station powered the entire island.

(So you can guess there wasn't good internet or wifi. Idk how they survived).

"With this gone, no one will know who I am."

Sonic jumped over the electric fence with ease and snuck into the power station. "It looks easy so far." He told himself and looked around a corner. A group of guards were pacing around the building outside.

"Espio, go look around inside. I think I heard something in the computer room." Said a tall green crocodile. "Why do I always have to go? Tell Charmy to go." Espio, the purple chameleon said. A bumble bee flew by and started to whine. "I don't wanna! I wanna go home! Vector, please don't make me!"

"I feel like these three would make great characters in a game or something." Sonic thought, he looked around the other corner and ran to the back of the building. He found a door, but it was locked. "Maybe I can quietly break it down?" He said to himself, puzzled. He took a few steps back and spin dashed threw the door. As expected, it made a loud ruckus.

Sonic had to hurry. He ran threw all of the hallways until he found the control room. The guards were coming after him, he could see them in the security cameras. He quickly flipped up all of the controls and turned everything on to the highest power level.

He watched the danger rating scale slowly increased to the most dangerous color ever. Red. As soon as he saw the knob start to jiggle, he turned around and started to run away.

"Hey!" Shouted Vector as Sonic sped past him. Espio looked inside the control room and gasped. "Run! Take cover!" He yelled and grabbed his friends. He ran them all out and they managed to get away to a safe distance.

Sonic was still running, and he wasn't going to stop until he got all the way to Amy's. "That was such an adrenaline rush! I feel amazing!" Sonic said, his heart was pounding, he hadn't felt this alive in years. His happiness faded when he heard the explosion and looked back at the station. The explosion was so loud, you could hear it from every side of the island.

"I have to get to Amy's house before she wakes up and sees I'm not home!" Sonic dashed off as quickly as possible back to Amy's house.

*Thx to turnip456 for helping me on this chapter!*