Chapter 3

•Sonic•

Sonic could finally open his eyes. He woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. "Good morning" Amy smiled at him and handed him the plate of food. "Thank God! More food!" Sonic smiled. "Can you talk yet?" Amy asked him politely. Sonic shrugged, completely ignoring Amy. He just wanted the food.

"Well, have you tried?" Amy asked him, crossing her arms. Sonic shook his head and gobbled down the bacon on his plate. "Well? Are you going to try?" Sonic raised and eyebrow at her. "Who is she to order me? Does she know who I am?" Nonetheless, Sonic shrugged and opened his mouth.

"There. Happy?" Sonic went back to eating immediately. Amy stared at him, his voice was raspy. "Dammit." Sonic thought and gritted his teeth. "My throat still hurts. I should've kept quiet. Damn that woman!"

The next day, Sonic was still awake and bored, as usual. Amy had quickly decided she liked him better asleep within the first hour.

"Go make me some food, some of that tasty stuff, okay?" Sonic grinned at her. "I'm not your maid, you should be more respectful of the person who saved your life." Amy growled at him under her breath. "What was that?" Sonic narrowed his eyes at her. She rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. "I said, you should be more respectful to me! I could've left you to die! I'm starting to wish I had!"

Sonic only grinned at her threat. "Oh please, you aren't evil enough to do something that mean! Now go back to the kitchen where a woman belongs." Sonic yawned and slouched on the couch.

"The nerve of... Wait... You never told me your name! I demand you tell me this instant!" Amy stomped her foot.

"Demand? Big words for a pint-sized girl." Sonic said as he stood up, towering above her. "My house, my rules! Give me your name!"

Sonic sighed and shifted his weight on his back leg. "Alright, it's Sonic." He stated firmly. "Go make me some food." He ordered at once. He was on his way back to the couch when he heard Amy's response.

"Say please."

Sonic turned around and glared at Amy. "If she knew who she was dealing with..." Sonic groaned and obeyed. "Can you please go make me some food?"

Amy nodded with a look of accomplishment written on her face. She quickly went to the kitchen and started to prepare his food.

Sonic took a seat on the couch. Then a strange thought occurred to him. "I told her my name, right?" Sonic thought and put his feet up on the couch. "Have I become so unpopular to not strike fear in people anymore?!" Sonic thought in fear. "I was the best criminal! How is she not scared?! Or... Has she not heard of me?"

Sonic wasn't sure wether to feel relieved or upset by this shocking discovery. "I was famous... There should not be one person who doesn't know my name!"

"Here you go, I made some more soup." Amy grinned and handed him the bowl. "The storm looks like it might die down soon. I'll have to leave when it does." Amy informed him. "Really? Why so?" Sonic asked her, he didn't really care, it just slipped out of his mouth. Or that's what he told himself. "I own that flower shop. I have to go check on it." Sonic rolled his eyes. "Flowers aren't that impor-" before he could finish that sentence, Amy slapped him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Sonic yelled at her and touched the spot she had slapped. "Flowers and plants are living being like you and I! They give us air to breath! That's more than you do!" Amy shouted at him. "Geez, I get it! You're a crazy gardener." Sonic retorted, completely annoyed.

"I can't believe that girl had the audacity to slap me. What is that girl?"

Amy•

"I can't wait to leave my house! This spoiled guest is driving me insane!" Amy had stomped to her room and was certain Sonic could hear her from outside. She was screaming so loudly and angrily it would be impossible to not hear her.

"Bossing me around, forcing me to clean the dishes more often, being a sexist freak!" Amy screamed loudly. "He's no good! As soon as the storm is over he's out!" Amy yelled to herself.  "That jerk will beg to come inside. But I won't let him until he's on his knees begging!"

Amy stood there panting for a few more seconds. "That was good. I don't think I've ever let my feelings run away from me like that."

Amy quickly recollected herself and stepped back out into the living room. She walked across the living room to the kitchen. She looked out the window, and for the first time she saw a speck of sunlight.

She gasped so loudly that Sonic heard her. "What is it?" He called from the living room. "I can see the Sun!" Amy smiled and clapped. "I haven't seen the Sun in three days!" Sonic leaned over the couch and caught a glimpse of Amy.

Her smile was shining like a star when she saw the first rays of sunshine. Amy ran to her room, surprising Sonic with her speed. "Where are you going?" Amy heard Sonic ask. "To my shop! I have to go!" Amy yelled and struggled to put on her rain boots. She hopped on one leg across the living room and pried her foot into her last boot.

"I can't wait to see my flowers and plants! I hope they are okay!" Amy worries silently to herself.

"You'll be fine by yourself, right?" Amy smiled and waved goodbye. "If you need food it's in the fridge!"

And with that, she was gone, running out the door as happy and excited as she could be. She was so excited she completely forgot to grab her bike and she ran all the way up to top of the mountain. Her heart was pounding as she ran. Amy had never felt more exhilarated in her entire life.

She ran the entire road, jumping over obstacles and searching for her plants every so often. So far, she hadn't seen any.

She got her hopes up halfway up the mountain. She shouldn't have done that. For, she was not prepared for what she would see at the top.