Chapter 9

•Amy•

Amy gasped and sat up from her bed. "What the hell was that?" She asked herself and threw the blankets off. She then ran out of my room. Amy opened the door to see Sonic sitting up on the couch. He looked back at her with wide eyes. "What's that sound?" He asked her. Amy shook her head and ran over to him.

"It sounded like an explosion-"

Before Amy could finish her sentence another loud 'boom' interrupted her. She let out a small squeak of fright, she hid herself in her legs. Sonic saw how scared she was and wrapped his arms around her. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." He smiled at her innocently, and rubbing her back every so often.

Amy looked up at him, again, her eyes were sparkling. She was so scared, she couldn't stand these loud noises. Then the room went pitch black, because the electricity was off. She felt alone, just like she always has been.

Alone.

However, she always felt warmth beside her. "Sonic?" She said, she spoke so quietly it was barely audible. "Yeah, Amy?" He responded quietly back, matching her volume. "I'm scared..." Amy admitted and pushed her face into his chest for protection.

Sonic stroked her quills, trying to soothe her as much as possible. "Amy, you don't have to be afraid, I'm sure we're fine, okay? And if we weren't I'd protect you." He grinned, even though Amy couldn't see anything, she immediately felt calmer. Her fears melted away like butter.

Sonic felt her weight shift all on him, he couldn't resist the smile that spread across his face.

"Hey, Amy?" He said, a little louder than he had previously spoken. Amy made some type of sound, unknown to Möbian kind, it sounded like a growl mixed with 'what?'

"I wanted to let you know that I think you're amazing. I'll even go help you tomorrow at your flower store, okay?" Sonic leaned down at planted a small kiss on her forehead. "I love you, Amy Rose." Amy's response was a loud snore with some drool slipping out of her mouth. "How can her drool be cute?" He thought as he continued to stroke her quills. He eventually, too, went back to sleep, resting his head on top of Amy's own head.

The next morning Amy woke up still cradled in Sonic's arms. "Oh shit!" Amy let out a high-pitched scream and threw herself onto the floor. Sonic jumped up and looked around the room, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Why were you holding me?!" Amy screamed at him. Sonic looked down at her and cocked his head to the side. "What?" He said, confused. Amy jumped up from the floor and pointed at the couch. "Do you think I would realize a strange man cradling me in my sleep?! How perverted! How'd you even get me to the couch?!"

While Amy was ranting, Sonic let out a sigh and rubbed his forehead. "-and what were you thinking of doing?! I mean how absolutely-"

"AMY!" Sonic shouted, trying to shut her up. "Sorry to say, darling, but you came to me. Don't you remember last night at all? The explosions and the lights going out?" Sonic asked her.

Amy shook her head immediately. "All I remember is-" she stopped herself and her eyes grew wide. "Oh no..." She whispered to herself. "I'm so sorry, Sonic!" Amy apologized and grabbed his hand. "Please forgive me! I should've known you wouldn't do that type of thing! Plus, I locked my bedroom door so there's no way you could even get to me!" Sonic blushed as Amy held his hand. "U-uh... S-sure, I forgive you, Amy." Sonic smiled and blushed even more at her.

"What time is it?!" Amy thought and gasped, she looked over at her digital clock, forgetting that it wouldn't work. "Oh God, what time is it?! I need to go to the shop and finish cleaning up before the construction people come!"

Sonic looked at around the living room for a working clock. He looked back at her and shrugged with a grin. "UGH!" Amy ran to her room and within 5 minutes she was back out in different clothes. "I'm going to my flower shop-"

"I'm going too." Sonic replied and stood up. He began stretching out his legs. "My leg is doing much better now, plus I can run you up the mountain faster than that bike." He added with a wink.

Amy narrowed her eyes and eyed Sonic up and down. He looked skinny and frail and definitely not strong or muscular enough to carry her up a mountain. "I think I'll stick to my bike, and you can just stay here and eat or rest up a bit more, okay?" She smiled warmly at him.

Sonic shook his head and crossed his arms. "I'm going up that mountain one way or another sweetheart, got that?" He smiled slyly. He walked over to Amy, he got so close that their noses touched. "I'm going help you, and I'm going to carry you up that mountain. Whether you like it or not."

"I'd like to decline your offer-"

"It wasn't an offer, Rose, it was a statement." Sonic picked Amy up bridal style and ran out the door. "AHHHH!!" Amy screamed and gripped Sonic's fur tightly. "Put me down! Put me down! Put mE DOWN!" Amy's heart was racing, she couldn't see anything because she was scared to open her eyes.

"Amy, open your eyes." Sonic said gently, slowing down only a little. "I can't! I'm scared!" Amy shouted. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you, Ames."

"Ames?" Amy opened her eyes and saw the landscape around her. Usually she would pay closer attention to the road, ignoring the world around her. She had never noticed how pretty her surroundings were on this road. Plus, all the trees were blending together since Sonic was running so fast. "It's so...beautiful." Amy thought and a huge smile spread across her face.

•••
Hi guys! I'm going on a trip for three days and won't be able to write, please be patient. I leave this morning and won't be back until Thursday. Until then, if you get bored of waiting, check out my other SonAmy books/oneshots! I have about 58 in total. 😅👍🏻

Love you guys! Have a fantastic rainbow day!