Hannyabal X Reader

You were an employee of Impel Down and were under the command of the Vice Warden, Hannyabal.

There wasn't much to tell about your background, only that you used to live in a small village that was destroyed by a group of pirates after your village refused to help hide them. You where the only one who survived because you fell asleep in a cave you found that was far away from the village.

When you had woken up, you quickly ran back to the village only to find ashes and marines looking around the place as they buried your family. You had fallen to your knees and started crying. A marine had finally noticed you as they were about to leave. That marine's name was, Monkey D. Garp. He had taken you to an island so you could be trained to be a marine like him.

You had liked that idea, unlike your brothers there. They hadn't acknowledged as a sister, well one of them hadn't, until you told them why you wanted to be a marine. They totally agreed with you, but had never gave up on the dream of becoming a pirate.

You had became a marine thanks to the help of Garp. You were happy to be one, even if the training was torture.

But the hardest part was receiving the news that your older brother was going to be executed because he was the son of Gold D. Roger.

"(Y/n), I will need you to be on high alert. We have received word that Portgas D. Ace will be coming here and will be sentenced to death at Marineford." Hannyabal had said. "If everything goes smoothly, I might be promoted to Warden." He continued with a laugh.

"W-what?" You mumbled as you voice cracked, and tears threatened fall down your (s/c) skinned cheeks.

Hannyabal had noticed that you hadn't said a thing so he looked at you, only to find you there silently crying with one of your hands covering your mouth and your eyes wide.

Hannyabal felt a jolt of jealousy run through his veins as he saw you like that. It meant that you have known the man for a long time and obviously cared about the man that was about to be executed, and never again be seen from this world again.

"Hey, what's wrong." He had commanded more then asked. He was a bit irritated by the fact you knew the man that had the blood of Gold D. Roger.

"A-Ace, he is m-my adopted-ed bro-brother." You had said as tears ran down your face. You were now on your knees crying your heart out by the news.

Hannyabal had gotten a wave of both relief and pity. Relief that you had no romantic connection with the man that was scheduled to be executed, and pity because he was someone close to you and that person was to be executed just because of the blood inside of him.

He wanted to do something, but there was no way he could stop the execution. All he could do was allow you to go and visit him as long as you were accompanied by him or the Warden himself.

He started rubbing your back as you cried. He has never been in this situation. But he was trying his best. And you knew that.

Hannyabal didn't know what to say. He knew that if he told you that Ace will be in a better place then you would punch, walk away, and never speak to him for as long as you lived. If he where to tell you that everything will be alright, you would still do the same thing. There was no way to comfort you without getting hurt in someway. So he just kept quiet and rubbed your back as you kept crying your heart out.

So your crying had died out and your eyes were now puffy red and your (s/c) skin was now pale white.

You stood up and saluted the man besides you who was rubbing your back just a moment ago. "I understand Vice Warden Hannyabal." You said.

Your voice was quite shaky and broken, but then again you just heard the news that your brother was going to be executed, and only had about one to two weeks to live.

You started to walk way from your superior but was stopped when his hand grabbed your wrist and he had pulled you into his chest to hug you.

"(Y/n), I am giving you permission to visit Portgas D. Ace any time you wish. This is all I can do, please forgive me." He said as his grip on you tightened. You were a little bit happier.

You started crying again as you said the words 'thank you' over and over again. You were really great full for this, but it also saddened you greatly.

You kissed him on the check and ran away towards your post leaving behind a blushing Vice Warden, Hannyabal.

----------------------------------

I cried writing this, oh poor Ace!!!