Nami x Male! Dragon! Reader

Hello!

Requested by: user27057276

I do not know how this will turn out. But. Yes.
----------------
~Past~

"Whatever happens, never. And I mean never reveal what you are!" Your mother said as she pulled on your hand forcing you to run along with her through the dark forest. She couldn't see where she was going but, she was avoiding any place with a source of light. Scared of who was holding that light.

"Mommy? What's happening? Why are the villagers chasing us? Are we playing hide and go seek?" You said happily, a smile crossed your face as you started jumping around at the idea.

"Yes! Yes! We are playing hide and go seek, but the rules are very different. You must hide and never come out of that hiding spot until it's day time. Make sure that no one spots you, if you think that they do. Run. And no matter what you hear or see. Never come out." Your mother said in a frantic as she stopped running and knelt to your level. She hugged you tightly, not wanting to let go of her little boy. But she knew you would be safe if she distracted them, somehow. A tear ran down her face.

"Ok mommy, I'll be good!" You said with a cheerful smile on yourself. You closed your eyes and showed her the biggest tooth smile she has ever seen. "I'll make sure no one finds me! Not even you! I'll see you at dawn, ok mommy? I love you!"

She wanted to absolutely break, but she couldn't. You were way to young to see the world as it truly was, and she wanted to keep you innocent from that terror. Even if it were for a few more minutes. She always wanted to see you smile like that did the rest of your life. But she knew it would be taken away from you. She just hoped someone would steal it back.

To give you joy.

Happiness....

Hope....

Love....

Things she would never be able to give you anymore.

She often believed you hated her with your whole being, after all, if she didn't conceive you with your father; this would never be happening. You wouldn't permanently look half dragon and half human. You would be a normal loving boy who would never loose his smile. You wouldn't be hunted down like fishmen and be given a chance to live.

But all of this made her happy, she loved you. And you loved yourself.

"Now go my love. And live." She kissed his forehead and hugged him one last time. And then slightly pushed him in the opposite direction away from the lights, letting him swiftly run away in determination to win. She smiled at his form disappearing in the darkness. Tears running down her face as she ran in a different direction, making as much noise as she could. Hoping that the villagers would follow behind her.

That night a woman's screams filled the air.

~Years later~

"New island! New island! Food! Food!" Luffy jumped up, repeatedly yelling as he saw the island in the distance getting closer and closer as the hours pasted!

"Hey Nami, what is that island?" Usopp asked while looking at the strange run down place. He was getting scared by the minute, it looked like a ghost island. One where no one was lived there for a while.

"Oh, wait... That's not Lavadoria. We shouldn't have reached that island until another two days."

"Mystery Island! Yay!

"No! Luffy, I suggest we stay far away from there. That island shouldn't even be there. It's not on my maps!" Nami tried reasoning with him, though knowing it was futile.