Changing Through Youth

Start from the beginning

The two of you wondered around the area solving puzzles every now and then. Eventually a room you came across before which was completely colorless, suddenly beamed with a colorful brightness. You walked across  the room and found a key on a table. You smiled and ran back to Ib. You both knew exactly where the key went. You ran towards another door that was the only one that was lock. You put the key in and immediately you were knocked back. You were surprised to see a guy who closer to your real age come bursting through the door. He ran to Ib and hugged her as you quietly watched.

When they finished he grabbed her hand and started to walk away until she pulled away. He seemed surprised as she ran back to you and held your hand. She smiled as she dragged you toward the guy.

"H-hi, I'm (Y/n)", you stuttered.

You were nervous and he could tell . He place his hand on your head and began to pat it. He smiled brightly.

"Hello (Y/n), I'm Gary"

You expected that.

It wasn't until he pulled his hand away from your head that you realized you were blushing. He picked Ib up and gave her a piggyback ride, as he held your hand.

You and Ib showed him the stairway that you couldn't go down due to a heavy mannequin that you two couldn't move. When he finished moving it, Mary showed up behind Ib.

"Ib where are going?" She asked. "I thought we were going to leave together!"

You flinch at her raised voice. You grabbed Ib's hand and ran to hide behind Gary. He pushed her back knocking the yellow rose out of her hand. She fell down unconscious.

"This maybe hard to believe, but while I was by myself I discovered that Mary is actually a painting who had come to life due to this curse", Gary said.

You and Ib looked at Mary one last time as Gary grabbed both you and Ib's hand. He ran down the stairs dragging you both  along beside him.

The further you walked the more the scenery changed. It went from a narrow brown staircase to scribbled pink bridge through space.

You were confused...

We were no longer with in the art exhibit but now we were in... a drawing? Everything here looked like it was drawn by a child. My grip on Gary's hand had tighten, I was scared and Ib was too.

Figuring out what needed to be done in this world was too easy. Despite seeing Mary again, crazed and ready to hurt us we managed to discover the whole world was puzzle to unlock the exit.

You all made your way happily to the exit which was a house near the top. You opened the door only to find a toy chest, you looked inside for the key to leave, but was left looking into a deep void.

"Why don't you take a closer look?"

Mary's voice was dark with malice as she pushed you all into the chest. One last look at her face and you could tell she didn't want to really hurt you all. Your mind went blank as a hit the hard bottom after what felt like an eternity.

Your eyes opened, it seems you passed out from the impact. You looked around and could barely see anything within the room. It was dimly lit and and were mannequins, statues, and creepy dolls all around.

They terrified you.

You stood up and noticed something was missing. Your rose. Your mind panicked and you searched for it. You found it along with Ib who was now also missing her red rose. You tried to help her find it but all was lost when both found Gary.

He awoke and looked at you confused. "Who are you?" You looked at him surprised. "What do you mean?" He stood up quickly and when he did you notice you didn't have to struggle to look at him.