~SNEAK PEAK~PROLOGUE~FLAME~

So many things swirled in Wanda's mind, her childhood, Pietro's smile, Clint and his family, the farmhouse, Vision's eyes when he confessed he had feelings for her

So many things swirled in Wanda's mind, her childhood, Pietro's smile, Clint and his family, the farmhouse, Vision's eyes when he confessed he had feelings for her... The memories turned red and she whimpered. So many things were washing down the drain, but she refused to let these things go along with the rest. Her pain had been going on and off, and at some points she swore she heard Vision, Steve, Nat and all of her friends screaming in what sounded like the room next to her.

Was she even in a room? Where was she? Her eyes wouldn't open. They're shut. They won't open. She can feel herself move, but where are her eyes? Where is brother? Why isn't he there with her?

...Why is she worried about Vision? Vision is just an android.

NO. Her thoughts screamed and screamed, but for some reason, her brain just wouldn't listen.

WANDA. A voice. It echoed in her head. Who's voice is that? How does it know her name? Her head swayed from side to side and she tried to get that voice out of her head. There was a stranger. She didn't like strangers.

Wanda, please... Don't... forge-

She screamed. He was in pain. He was in extreme pain, and she cared. Why did she care? She didn't know him that well. How can robots have pain? Why was he hurting? She felt smooth liquid drip down her face and she finally felt her eyes flutter. A series of movement was in front of her. A flash of red, men in front of the red, trying to make it get back.

Why is all I see, red? This isn't fair why- Her head suddenly had a flash of memory. VISION.

She remembered a small fragment. She remembered. He was in front of her now... Fighting. Voices echoed in her head, and she reached out to feel his mind, his comforting thoughts.

She cried out again. He was hurting. Why is he hurting? Oh God, please, why is he hurting? Tears were flowing down her face, and she was strapped. How come she couldn't find anyone else's thoughts? Where were the thoughts of the men hurting Vision? She turned her head. She found another cry of pain through someone's mind.

Steve laid five feet away from her. He was wearing a white shirt with white pants. Why was he here? Why was he crying? Her blurred sight found a mange of red hair, and she found Natasha thrashing and grunting across from Steve. They were all tilted upwards and tied down, almost like on a wall, except a standing bed. Wanda's head moved to in front of her, and she saw with hopelessness as Vision screamed at them. His... screams. Wanda closed her swollen eyes in agony. Her whole body shook; she was sobbing.

Vision escaped the men in a matter of seconds, which wasn't surprising, but he was still in pain. What was hurting him? Wanda wanted to fix it.

His hands found their way around Wanda's bonded wrists, and she smile slightly, even though she was still crying from his pain. She was sharing it. He couldn't go back to the full burden. If she closed her eyes, she could imagine that she was laying down instead of standing. She could imagine laughing until her stomach hurt, as Vision sat in the back with that small grin he carried around when he was with her.