The deal

Many months after their first riot, they went to over fifty—with caution of course.

Wanda and Pietro had basically been leading the show for the last ten. People were starting to listen to the young adults, and the twins knew with a slight twinge of hope, that finally people were listening to what the had been saying since the day their parents had died. They had power, and although Wanda thought that may be dangerous for them, especially for her brother, she still loved the fact that she could stand up and speak her heart without people turning away in vexation.

They hadn't always been noticed or particularly liked, and in the beginning, they were just another shout into the void. But now, ever since the first leader, who had said all those inspiring words, died from food poisoning, they had double the amount of people than the beginning. Everyone suddenly started to know who they Wanda and Pietro Maximoff were.  Pietro enjoyed the popularity he was receiving, but his other half had other thoughts on her followers.

More men definitely started to notice Wanda since she was dressing differently. Her air of manor became something more and more beautiful everyday. She talked more confidently, and wasn't afraid of anything other than man itself. She was afraid of what love could do, and speaking from the past, it could do many terrible things. Love and passion drove humans into doing trembling things. Wanda just tried to ignore most of the looks she got when she walked down the streets.

It was the same with Pietro, as always. Girls had always loved to flirt with him, so nothing was quite different. Except, of course, that he felt more confident than ever. He was actually more of a cocky little boy than he had ever been, and Wanda would just roll her eyes after seeing him walk past twenty girls as he did nothing. She was surprised he was even a man.

During one of those cold months, Ellie died from old age. Wanda and Pietro got her a modest tombstone soon after, and buried her where she wanted to be buried, the churchyard. In her will, everything that she owned, went to the two. They weren't entirely shocked seeing as they were the only ones that were alive that she loved, yet they missed the old woman more every passing day.

One usual route morning, Wanda was cooking, as usual, since Pietro couldn't cook worth of crap, and suddenly a knock came to the door. Wanda turned her head head slightly, as if she had misheard, but sure enough, another knock came two seconds later. The person was very impatient.

"I'll get it!" She yelled to no one in particular.

Wanda left the stove running, not the smartest, and ran to the door with a curious look. As she did, Pietro came down the stairs in swift motion. He took the knob in his hands and they opened it together. It wasn't often they got visitors. When they opened it slowly, they looked suspiciously at the man in front of them. Before they could ask him anything—he stopped them abruptly. Yes, impatient was a wonderful word to describe him.

"Do you, or do you not vant revenge on America?"

Wanda and Pietro both looked at each other with a look of suspicion but they did nothing to stop one another from letting the man in almost instantly. No words were exchanged, and no words needed to be. 'Revenge on America', was enough for the both of them. Wanda led the two men behind her and offered the man a seat to the kitchen table. She walked over to the stove and turned it off. Dinner could wait.

Pietro studied the man with vigor, and folded his arms in a challenging sort of way. Wanda almost rolled her eyes. Like his muscular form wouldn't of already made the tiny man thinking of hurting him an impossible task.

"Talk." Peitro said.

The man took in a breath and stared at the two for some time before answering. He began with a small smile from what he had seen on their faces. Oh yes, they would do what he asked. They were that desperate for their town. "I work for Zee List... Don't ask what we are, and just know we are trying to recruit volunteers for some... Experiments."