The Secret

She's just so pretty ^.^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wanda began to shake with fear. She lay there in that room for who knows how long. The only company was Alice's annoying breathing and the sound of her thoughts seeping out from the cracks of the door. It was only a matter of time before she felt a tiny hand wrap around her arm, and then the next thing she knew, Wanda was engulfed in arms.

After a few dead minutes of being in Alice's arms, she squirmed when she realized she was being consoled by a young girl who had just now become a woman. Truthfully and honestly, she was uncomfortable about the whole thing.

After Wanda calmed down her breathing (for Alice's state), she still felt shaking vibrating her body. When she looked up to see a saddened Alice, she saw that the girl was the one who was actually shaking. Wanda sat up in confusion, and looked at the trembling Alice.

"What's vrong?" Wanda said, looking at her with confused and concerned eyes.

Alice began to weep the next second and then Wanda was the one to hold her with anxiety crawling to her eyes.

Awkwardly patting the girls back, Wanda thought back on how her mother used to sooth her as a young girl of five. "Alice? Shhhh. Shhh. Vhat's vrong?"

Alice cried out once more, but leaped to explanation "I-I have something to t-tell you..."

Wanda sat up straighter, and held on tight to the girl, as from the beginning; very perplexed. "Vhat is it that can be so bad?"

Alice immediately stopped her crying, and shook her head solemnly, and buried her face into Wanda's chest. Wanda stroked the girl's hair, but still couldn't help but feel there was something a bit odd going on.

"I-I didn't kn-know how t-to t-tell you." She said while her body was more corrupted than sobbing.

"Tell me vhat?" Wanda said with curiosity. There was no doubt that she was interested as to what the girl had to say.

"That I've met someone... That y-you know." Alice sniffed.

Wanda frowned. She didn't know very many people. Most of them hated her.

"Go on."

"He's... different."

Wanda chuckled softly, trying to lighten up the room. Grabbing her hand: "Aren't we all?"

Although Wanda couldn't see Alice's face, she knew the girl was softly smiling. The good and bright mood was short, all because immediately—she began to grow sad.

"I'll probably never get to see him in real life and neither will you—well, never again at least..." Wanda began to grow chill from what Alice was saying. The room's temperature seemed to droop too. And yet, Wanda still had not the slightest idea to what was happening.

Alice's chin quivered. "Only in the Realm of Death have I seen him. Mistress Death has told me, she will free him one day. But someone has to come." The girl became more frustrated and angry than hurt now "She only gave me one clue too!" Alice's mood became frightening to Wanda.

she sat confused as ever, and Alice chose not to speak anymore. Wanda shook her head after a minute of silence, "What vas the clue?"

Alice scoffed with bitterness curving itself into her voice. "Oklahoma."

Wanda scrunched up her nose. "Dee state?"

"What other thing does 'Oklahoma', stand for?" Alice said, pouting. "I met him one night as I was walking with Mistress Death-"

"Vait- You know... Death?" Wanda was astounded. "The Death?"

"Yeah, she smells like Vanilla. Crazy huh?" Alice said, sighing.

Wanda began to scoot away from her, and made Alice look her in her eyes. "You're very calm about dis."

"Yeah, I've known her all my life." She became frantic. "But you musn't tell anyone Wanda! I'm telling you this, becuase I think you should know. And that maybe you could help me." Wanda could only nod to encourage her as of to say more. The girl was absolutely terrible with getting to the point. "I've only met him once, but I know how dear he is to you! I haven't even talked to him! I've just stared—" she paused as if remembering something. "Actually, once he said hello, but I got scared and ran back to Dea-"

"Who is IT?" When Wanda realized how loud she'd been, she calmed down and spoke quieter. "Alice, you can't tell me all of dis and not tell me vho dis person is who you vant to save from..." She closed her eyes. "Death." Wanda shuddered, then waited for Alice's response.

"Death isn't too bad you know. She's actually really nice if yo-"

"Alice. You've stalled way to much for today."

Alice's face began to turn red with embarrassment. She nodded shamefully. "Okay... Just- prepare yourself."

Wanda nodded impatiently, and Alice closed her eyes and then took a big breath.

"I was wandering around one day... Death had some business to attend to, so of course, I had to snoop around her special people she likes to keep and look at; her prizes, you could say." Alice bit her lip nervously. "I came across a familiar last name. The last name of a woman I had just met earlier that day."

Alice looked up at Wanda with big eyes. Wanda stared back with stirring fear. Fear of the answer.

"Maximoff." She whispered softly–and almost defeatedly. "That was the last name."

Wanda shook her head with an odd smile. She slowly slinked off the bed and stood up as she clenched her fists tightly.

"I don't understand. Alice..."

Fearfully, Alice glanced down at the red energy emerging from the witch's hand. She closed her eyes with a softened expression.

"It was you're brother, Wanda. The name was Pietro Maximoff."