The War

"Pietro?" Wanda called out to the many halls in Stark Tower. Seriously, did the man even use half the rooms up there? You'd think that he'd at least use the top floors for the main work, but no, it was for Tony's own pleasure up there. Wanda scrunched up her nose. He was so rich, it wasn't even funny.

A zooming figure appeared besides her in a spur of moments. Pietro smiled slightly at her startled face, and he threw her the red leather jacket she had dumped in his hands. "You should be used to zat by now."

She put on the jacket with a grin and then tackled him in a hug. She didn't ever want him to stop joking around. She wanted him to be safe... always. Wanda didn't know why she was acting like this. If anyone was more capable of surviving, it was her brother. The relief of knowing he would be safe, calmed her thoughts. She was being foolish.

Pietro stood there, a bit shocked, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Kissing her on the forehead, he rested his chin on the top of the crown of brown hair his sister possessed. He could feel her presence in his mind, and he knew she was searching for any worry that he may be hurt. He sighed and rubbed soothing circles in her back. "You'll be okay. I promise... I 'ave talked with a team member. He 'as your back through and through."

She let go, and huffed in annoyance while she tried to ignore the last part. She didn't need to be protected. She was a strong women with more balls than most men there. Especially Stark. He was only a man behind that suit. Wanda? She was a beast behind all of that skin, waiting to be released. She directed her attention to her brother and touched his cheek tenderly with the back of her right hand.

"Vhat about you? You'll be okay?"

He smiled and hugged her again. "I'll try my hardest," He let go, and took a hold of her shoulders. 'Try my hardest' was not a satisfying answer to Wanda. Pietro snickered at her cross face and squeezed her arms. "You, Wanda Maximoff, are zee most beautiful girl I have ever seen. You are smart, quick- not as quick as me- vut still quick; your powers are absolutely fitting for you because zey're beautiful. And when someone seems to notice that, take zem into your heart, because zey obviously are pretty amazing."

He leaned his forehead against hers, and they stayed in their own bubble for almost an hour, breathing peacefully. Wanda used her gift to reflect on the different times in their life, and Pietro would laugh at sudden moments from the funny memories. She showed him the time her, Pietro, and Papi had snuck under the big bed in their parents room and waited for their Momi to come in so they could grab her ankles and scare her.

Sadly, they never go to that part because Pietro had sneezed loudly, and when their Momi had came to investigate, she was met with three guilty faces under her bed. She had gasped for the little one's sake, and pretended to be shocked out of her mind.

Wanda let out a deep giggle when Pietro gave her the memory of when they got lost in a crowd and their Momi and Papi had watched the entire time. When they found their way back, they told them that is what would happen if they ever wandered off anymore... Lets just say they never went off on their own again.

They stayed in their bubble for several minutes until Steve found them and told them it was time to go. They squeezed each others hands one last time, and then made their journey down to their old home town...

*~*~*~*

"Doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good, I'll send your brother to come and find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger."

Those were the words that made her respect Clint in every single possible way. He was possibly the only one other than Pietro that she didn't want to hurt at that moment. Everyone was shouting directions into her headpiece, and she almost ripped out the item of plastic in her ear. But Clint had done the opposite. He was giving her an option, an option she didn't even know she had.