The Distractions

"Hey, sweetie, try and not get yourself hurt again... It's my job to get the attention of men, not yours."

Wanda stared at Kristen with shock, but it turned into a snarl soon after which slowly turned into a scowl and it only deepened when Vision put his hand on her shoulder.

"I von't need you to calm me down. Lay off." Wanda jerked back and away from him. She walked over to the edge of the hangar, crossed her arms, and refused to look at the confused Vision. He almost looked slightly hurt, if it weren't for the fact he had nerves of steel, and could twist his face to nothingness in a matter of seconds.

Hope and Harry came on with arms linked tightly giggling and such; and while Wanda turned to look at them whisper in quiet voices, she noticed Kristen smiled darkly at her. Wanda's stomach flipped around like an acrobat when she saw there was a meaning to that smile.

Kristen slinkily sat down where Wanda usually sat, and Vision sat where he usually sat... Which now happened to be by Kristen, instead of Wanda.

Wanda watched as Kristen did nothing but smile, her smile getting unusually bigger by every second. The act was not a very pretty one. She looked like a demented cheshire cat.

Wanda's head was going insane. That day had been too eventful. Her whole life was just a mess. So of course her brain decided to count off the number of things wrong she couldn't possibly not think of. It seemed logic to her memory. Yet it just seemed annoying to Wanda.

First, the training. Which wasn't all that bad, other than than the fact that Wanda was now extremely sore. And Vision beat her by A POINT.

Second, she realized that she was... Attracted to a person that barely showed his emotions to her, let alone anyone, and probably didn't even feel the same for her. He couldn't feel anything for her; or so he would say.

Third, she met Death who offered her brothers soul to her, and she happened to get it. But only because her only 'girl friend' got sucked up into the underworld. Now possibly dead.

And NOW, a girl that she extremely disliked, maybe hated, was getting really close to the man she realized she had feelings for THAT DAY?

Could dis day get any vorse?

I could cut off your head, or arm. That would be worse.

Wanda whipped her head over to Vision who wasn't looking at her, but instead, trying severely hard not to glance at Kristen who was trying really hard to catch his eye. Wanda knew by the woman's thoughts that she was only trying to tick off Wanda. Kristen had no interest in the thing that sat next to her.

Wanda rolled her eyes. Vhat did I say about listening to my zoughts, vhen I obviously vasn't talking to you?

Why are you cross today, Wanda? Why have you chosen to direct this anger towards me?

Wanda didn't reply and closed her eyes with a flutter; waiting for Steve to tell them it was game time. Not bothering to open her orbs, she slid her hand across a seat, and when it appeared to be empty, she sat with her head leaning upwards. If it were any one else than Wanda, it would have looked as if she were praying. But Wanda didn't pray.

When she did open her eyes, an hour later, she was looking straight at Harry's face.

"Time to go." He said, clapping in her face, making her flinch. Looking satisfied, he exited the hangar.

She blinked her eyes and rubbed them vigorously as she also walked out. She caught up with the 'million air' and looked at him questionably.

"Vhat can you do?" She asked.