The homecoming

"WANDA!" Pietro yelled, breathless; just as he began to run to his sister. He engulfed her in his arms, and Wanda almost broke her vow and cried. Instead, she smiled widely and hugged him closer.

"Three years. Eet's been three years. I've missed you so." She hid her face in the crook of his neck and smelled the familiar scent of her brother. Of course, the smell was mixed with the sweat of other bodies too. Unfortunately.

He did not speak back to her, afraid that instead of words, sobs would come and greet him. So in replace, he nodded and hugged her closer also. Thoughts ran deep between the two as they were finally reunited with the one they loved.

After the guard told them to get going after ten minutes of hugs and kisses, they left.

Pietro stopped at the outer entrance of the building and looked her over, his eyes twinkling from the clouded sun. He studied his sister and found she had grown beautifully; long, dark, hair went down to her mid-back, her high cheek bones had grown more define, and her eyes had grayed a perfect blue.

"You look like mother."

She beamed. She really did, she had been remarked as this since the day she turned eighteen. Lifting a side of her mouth she mocked her brother. "Since when do you call her mother?"

He smiled and chuckled at her comment. He side-hugged her, and then kissed tenderly on her forehead. Wanda smiled at the touch, she really had missed him. "Never. It vas silly of me. Momi, you look like Momi."

Tears threatened once more, but she nodded them away. "I've heard zat from a few of mom and dad's old friends." She paused,"About me looking like momi."

Pietro's face became sad as he stepped back from his dear sister. Wanda tilted her head at the saddened twin standing before her.

"How many of zem think I am a criminal?"

Wanda's entire body froze as he had spoken. Of course, he would want to know. "None," She started boldly, "Because I told zem vhat happened. Every single one believed me. Dey do not trust the Americans or anybody who works for Stark-" she said his name as if something horrible had made its way into her mouth. "Dey all believed me."

He nodded in relief and went back to smiling at his 'younger' sister.

Both of them continued to talk for almost three hours on that one spot of concrete; cars driving by, and pedestrians walking around them like it was just another, ordinary, day.The topics they chose were a variety- mostly on Wanda, and what adventures she had come up with, and how many she succeeded in. Both laughed as they realized they hadn't done much with their lives; and probably would never do anything with them.

During the get-together, clouds grew darker, and they barely noticed the first drop until the sky thundered loudly in response to their obliviousness.

Wanda frowned playfully.

"Time flew by so fast! Vee should be getting back. Ellie has been vaiting, I suppose."

"Ellie?" Pietro said in confusion. "Old lady Ellie? Zee one who used to give us treats vhen vee went to her house?"

Wanda smiled and nodded happily at his remembrance.

"Vhere did you think I lived... the streets?" They both laughed with an uncomfortable silence; not letting the thought that Wanda really could be homeless, aloud.

She led the way through the now semi-empty streets, and each droplet fell with a soft thud on the pavement. Wanda inhaled deeply. She loved the smell of rain. She also loved to watch it, and be in it. Just not... when it was lightning.