The Dream

I really advise you to read the first half of the story with that song up there playing. It sets the mood, like it's creepy, and that's what I was trying to go for. The song that's playing, is the song that the mother will be singing in this chapter. Oh and if your sensitive to death and sadness then I also advise you not to read this. As usual, all right's go to Marvel. Not me.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Van-da?" Five year old Pietro swung his head underneath the bed and let his long hair that needed cutting badly, hang wildly and it swung to and fro when he looked at his sister in concern. Wanda was curled underneath in a tight ball. A crease had formed between his brow. "I am zorry."

"For vaht?" Wanda wasn't looking at him. She simply muttered her words, and felt the betrayal of her brother sink deeper into her bones. She hated when he was being bossy, and he had simply crossed the line of what was fine and what wasn't.

He huffed and bit his lip, "For beeeing annoy... Anoi... Anio-"

"Annoying."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for zat."

She finally looked at him and Pietro breathed out nervously. Wanda looked thoughtful about this situation, and after analyzing if his apology was genuine or not and smiled softly. Crawling out from other, she pushed her brother's head away and he sat upright as she climbed on the bed besides her. She laid down on her back, and he too followed her pursuit and let his sister rest her head on his shoulder. She turned her head to look at her brother, but was caught by surprise and began to laugh.

"Vaht is so funneeey?" Pietro asked, perplexed.

"My hair 'as giveen you a moostash."She giggled again, and moved her head slightly, to where her brown locks tickled underneath his nose. She let out a ball of laughter and pointed towards it. "Just like Papi's!"

Pietro finally understood and they both giggled and laughed until their stomachs hurt. Pietro gasped for air while Wanda laughed away. The session of laughter lasted for a good five minutes until the two's tinkling noises became softer. Pietro looked over at his sister with a sly smile.

"Vanda, zat vas funny. But you shold watche dis."

He then sat up, making Wanda sit up with him, he then took a strand of her hair and really did make it a mustache. Wanda laughed and made herself a mustache and giggled as it tickled her nose. The laughter died down once they plummeted themselves under the covers to muffle their laughter. When ten minutes went by, Wanda slowly turned her head towards her brother and found he was sleeping soundly. She brushed some hair away from his closed eyelids, and watched him breathe in and out.

"I vish vee could do dees all zee time." She whispered this so softly, she didn't even know if her lips had moved to say the words. Wanda continued to watch his sleeping form with sadness creeping to her eyes.

Then Pietro sat up and screamed, and Wanda observed with a sinking feeling that they weren't five anymore. They were twenty three again; and when she looked at her brother, the only thing she saw were bullet holes through his chest and arms. He looked right at her with a distant look in his eye.

"I feel cold, Wanda."

She cried out when his body collapsed on her own. She lifted his head to her lap and stroked his hair away from his face. He was so cold. She sniffed and then let silent tears run down her face. Wanda's ears perked up when she heard her mothers singing voice come from the next room. It was the lullaby she had sang to them when they were scared. Only this time, the song made Wanda shiver with unease, and she was suddenly very scared. The piano next door was somehow playing along with her mothers voice. A harp in the next house was then harmonizing beautifully along with the other two.