The Kid

Steve rolled his eyes at Wanda's voice in his head, and returned to the astounded kid before him.

"Can we speak to Harley... Keener?" Steve said slowly and dumbly to the boy. Wanda rolled her eyes this time. It's not like the boy wasn't soaking in every word he said.

"That's me!" The boy says with big excited eyes.

Steve brought one hand to his face. "I'm going to kill him." He muttered into his palm.

"Did Tony send you?" The boy said after a moment of awkwardness.

Steve brought his hand back down, and raised an eyebrow in questioning. Even Wanda was a bit curious as to how and why the boy was acquainted to Tony.   

"You know Tony?" After Steve realized what a stupid question that was, he restated his question. "Personally?"

The boy nodded his head with excitement and energy bouncing out of him.

"He got stranded here almost a year ago." After the blank stares the grownups were giving him, he bit his lip. "Here! I can prove it."

He ran out of the house's doorway and jogged to the garage nearby—Wanda and Steve in tow.

He opened the shed door and Wanda didn't even have to step in to know Stark had been in there.

"Okay kid... Have you any idea as to why Tony sent us to you?" Steve said after looking around him.

The boy shrugged and after a good thought he looked at the two in confusion. "Why are you here?"

Steve smiled slightly at the boy's careful, confused, state and told him the short version of what was going on. "Some people are in danger, and they said they're at a place called Killian industries. Any clue as to why...?"

The boy thought for a good moment until he smiled in realization, and nodded.

"Yeah! He was fighting a real bad dude when he came. He had to drag his suit in, and then that computer JARVIS, to this shed so he could reboot. The man he was fighting was called Killian."

Wanda's heart sped when she realized JARVIS was once Vision. Or Vision was once JARVIS?

She shook her head. Neither. Vision was Vision, nothing else before that, and he would be nothing else.

She looked at the two kids in front of her. Steve was almost bouncing with as much excitement as the boy was. Then she realized why. Steve had found the exact location on one of the computers.

"Stark seems to leave traces everywhere... Heart's... Houses... Souls..." Wanda started bitterly.

"Wanda." Steve said sternly.

She shrugged. "Vhat?" She said innocently. The boys eyes got wide when he actually seemed to know who she was

"You're that witch girl!"

"Ooookkaaay, time to go, thanks kid." Steve said intervening that awkward statement.

"But... But..." The kid started to walk after them, as they made their way, quickly, into town.

"I can help! I can give you tips! Clues!"

Steve shook his head, smiling and walking. Trying to get rid of the small thing chasing them.

"Sorry kid, you were helpful, but I'm afraid you can't be helpful in what we're about to do."

His face fell, and then let them walk ahead and watched them go helplessly. Wanda felt as if she needed to say something.

Keep an eye out. Dere are spy's everywhere, contact me vhen you zink you see one.

She turned around to find the boy so happy he was probably going to burst.

See you around. She was giing to leave it there, but something's are more important; Listen to your mother.

She walked the rest of the way chuckling. She was feeling slightly more modified than she had when she first left the shed.

*~*~*

You're good with children.

HA.

I mean it.

Well, my momi always did say she wanted me to have at least six kids. And that's... Not going to happen. I may not even have kids, to be honest.

Why is that?

Wanda shrugged. And glanced at Vision.

I guess it's because I... Wouldn't vant them to have this life. A life vhere zey could be hurt any second.

A moment passed and Vision looked towards the quiet, thinking Wanda.

Clint accomplished a family. And he's been in the business for over ten years.

Wanda shook her head at him slightly and smiled a sad smile. Her eyes were frowning slightly.

It just won't happen Vision.

Silence took over the two. Wanda sighed suddenly.

What about you?

Wanda was very interested in his answer. She smiled as he looked at the side of her turned, smug, face in shock.

Are you asking me if I ever want kids?

No, I'm asking you if you'd like to go to a strippers club. After a moments hesitant, she laughed. Yes, I meant do you want kids!

Vision looked at her and smiled almost bitterly.

It's impossible.

Wanda rolled her eyes at his remark.

No. It's not.

Vision's brow furrowed in frustration. Wanda smiled challengingly and encouragingly at him.

Actually, it is. I don't have the... Parts to m-

That's not what I meant! Please do not finish that sentence. Geeze, haven't you ever watched Jurassic Park? 'Nature finds its way'.

She starts to laugh suddenly at his thoughts. Steve and Nat both snapped their heads and watched them in concern.

Vision shook his head for the billionth time, but he was smiling at her— at the verge of laughing.

I don't think you understand nature.

I do to!

Wanda, the other day you asked me why all bugs were not vegetarians. Then after that bizarre sentence, you asked me how they mated.

When he got no reply from her, he laughed quietly; Nat and Steve almost fainted at the sight.

Then, without warning, they landed suddenly. Steve stood up and straightened himself, still bewildered, and began to get ready.

Wanda picked up her Icer, and something red blocked her face as she began to rase up from retrieving it.

"I believe you forgot this." Vision said, holding up her red jacket. She smiled at the familiar sight.

"Good. I need that."

She took the fabric and slipped it on. After thanking Vision she walked out side. As soon as she did, she could hear shouts in the distance. Steve sighed in readiness if you could believe it.

"Ready?" He asked everyone slowly.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Sam mumbled back.

"Then lets go."