Chapter 19- Getting Complicated :0

Ok, I did say in the last chapter that I would only do it once (Megan's mom POV)...but now I have to do it again, since it makes sense with this chapter and everything..... :)

~Chapter 19~

Ms. Sanders (Janet) P.O.V

I pressed the call button and placed the phone on my ear. It gave a few rings. Nathan and Linda were looking very worried as we all exchanged glances at each other.

Finally the police picked up. "Hello?" said an inspector's voice.

I took a deep breath and began. "I need your help please. My daughter has been kidnapped and held as hostage. Please, please help me quickly..."

"Ok, can I have your name and address please?" he asked.

"Janet. And my address is 1290 Fairview Street. Please, please come quickly..."

"Don't worry ma'am. We're on our way." the inspector replied. He ended the call, and I put my phone down.

Linda came forward and placed a hand on my arm. "Don't worry Janet. Megan will be alright." she assured me.

I nodded and sat down on the sofas. Nathan was getting very agitated; he kept on pacing up and down the room and putting his hands on his forehead.

"Nathan dear, please don't get that tensed..." I tried telling him.

"How can I not? Megan has been kidnapped! I'm. Very. Worried." he cried, and turned his face away. I don't blame him. We're all worried.

The three of us were impatiently waiting for the police to come. And they did, very quickly. In only 5 minutes.

I opened the door when I saw they came and 4 big husky looking inspectors walked into our living room. Nathan and Linda immediately stood up from where they sat when they saw them.

"Who is Janet here?" asked an inspector, who I supposed was the chief.

I raised my hand a little. "Me, sir." I spoke. The 4 inspectors turned their heads towards me. One of them pulled out a small notepad and pen.

"Now can you tell us everything that happened?" asked the chief. I nodded and began to tell.

"My daughter Megan went with her friend to a cafe this afternoon. She text me saying that she would come home right after being at the cafe. But she didn't come. I called her many times, god knows how much. But she didn't pick up. And then, just barely 15 minutes ago, a man called saying that "they" had Megan with them, and that I needed to pay $5000 to them, and put it in the alley they mentioned in the next 12 hours. She's been kidnapped sir, and held as hostage. They said they would call me again. Please, please help me..." I began, and then gave a small sniff.

Linda came and comforted me, and I was grateful because I knew I would break down any moment. The inspector with he notepad nodded and then put it away, along with the pen.

The chief questioned to Linda and Nathan.

"Who are you? Relatives? Friends?" asked the chief, gesturing to Linda and Nathan.

"I'm friends with Janet. Me and my son live next door to them." spoke Linda. Nathan gave a nod to them.

"Do you know anything about the kidnapping?" asked Inspector Killian.

"None sir. Nothing at all. Janet just told us that Megan had been kidnapped...and that's all." said Nathan. He nodded.

The chief turned to me. "Don't worry ma'am. We'll find your daughter as soon as possible. Can you give us the location they mentioned of where to put the money?"