Chapter 13- Ever Wear a Bridesmaid Dress?

Yayayayay, chapter 13, enjoy this and I hope you do!!! I'm planning more drama, and sad stuff...but yeah, not in this chapter and for the next, next, next well, scratch the last one....whatever I may be kidding ... :)))

~Chapter 13~

I woke up on Thursday morning, finding Lizzy beside me. I forgot she had a sleepover with me. I looked at the clock, which read 8:30am. Shoot. I dashed out of bed, trying to wake up Lizzy.

"Lizzy, get up! We have school! Your mom's picking you up any minute!" I screamed at her. Lizzy gave muffled noises, groaning and moaning.

I smiled wickedly. "Alright, I'm getting a cold sponge and-"

"I'M UP! Don't you dare squeeze that sponge over me!" Cried Lizzy. I laughed. This was my most common joke I did on Lizzy.

Lizzy got dressed in the clothes she brought, and apparently she was gonna wear them to school.

Mom popped her head through the door.

"There's no school today. They had an outage with the electricity and some water supply thing..."

Lizzy and I screamed. Woo hoo, no school!!! That's like the best thing I've ever heard.

"Megan, Lizzy can't stay over any longer. Her mom is going to pick her up in a few minutes." Said mom. Aww, come on!

Lizzy's mom came promptly on time. "That was the best day ever yesterday! We should do this more often." Said Lizzy, in front of her car.

I nodded and we hugged. Then Lizzy and her mom drove away.

I slumped on the couch, bored and didn't know what to do. Then mom had some...horrible news for me. I thought they were horrible, not her.

"I forgot to tell you some wonderful news dear. You remember your cousin Lisa?" Said mom. I was helping myself to the fridge, trying to find something to eat.

Of course I remember Lisa. Well, it's been quite a long time since I've last seen her. I mean, how old would she be now? 21 I guess?

I merely said a word, just mumbled something, still rummaging through the fridge.

"Well, she's getting married and-"

I stopped looking through the fridge and raised my head up immediately. "She's WHAT? Getting married? But she's only 21 or something!" I exclaimed. Really, what was with all these marriages and getting married at such a young age?

"No Megan, she's 24 now. Her wedding is just a little over 3 weeks from now." Said mom.

"Oh...so um, who's the groom?" I asked.

"Her sweetheart Calvin." Smiled mom. Calvin was Lisa's boyfriend, and they had been dating for 2 years approximately. I know right, that is a long time to date. Wow, she's gonna be living happily if the person she's marrying is her boyfriend.

"Well, I'm happy for them." I said. I finally picked out a can of coke and opened it up. It fizzled.

"There's more news. I'm sure you'll be happy. You Megan, are going to be one of the bridesmaid." Said mom.

Somehow, I felt like spitting out the coke I had just drunk. "I'm gonna be a BRIDESMAID?" I said, practically screaming. "You mean I have to...to wear those long, frilly dresses where you trip about on them???!"

Mom nodded. "Yes, but why so upset?"

She didn't know how I felt. I was gonna be the bridesmaid. Seriously, I was not gonna wear those long dresses. I can't even walk properly in them! I would embarrass myself!