Chapter 14- Getting Close, Much?

I'm doing my happy dance!! Yay! Enjoy reading...... :)))

Thanks for the reads, votes and comments.... Ok, just read the chapter before I get too cheesy about how you guys rock! :))

~Chapter 14~

What a journey I had, with finding my bridesmaid dress to apologizing to Mike. Things have been weird lately. Ok, it was not exactly a "journey", but it felt so messed up.

"The dress looks wonderful Megan!" cried mom. We were in the car, and she was examining my dress properly. When she was done, mom suggested going over to Lisa's house when I quickly turned it down. I really wanted to meet Lisa after like many months or so. But I remembered Nathan's soccer practise. Time had flew by, and I hadn't realized it. It was 12:30pm, and his practise started at 1pm.

"Mom, drop me off at Reecewoods Park. I promised Nathan I would come to see his soccer practise." I said. Mom raised her eyebrow, suspecting something.

"Is there something going on-" I cut her off, not wanting to explain this and that to her a million times.

"Mom! There is nothing! We're friends ok?" I cried. Mom laughed and started to drive to Reecewoods Park. The big, green grassy field was enormously large. It stretched over land a lot, and there were bleachers as well.

"Thanks mom! I'll call you to pick me up." With that, mom drove off leaving me standing, looking at the fields.

A few guys had arrived, and omg they looked so...asdfghjkl! Of course, they looked very strong and active. Some had their bags with them, and had laid them on some of the bleachers. Nathan hadn't arrived yet. I was early though.

Immediately, all the guys had their eyes on me once I started walking towards the bleachers. Some smiled and gave a flirtatious smirk. I tried to ignore them, and took a seat on the front row of the bleachers.

One guy strides towards me. "What's a pretty lady like you doing here?" He smiled. Sheesh, I've had those comments before. Enough of those already.

"I'm going to watch my friend..." I started, and then the guy's eyes gleamed.

"Which one of us is it?" He asked. Almost everyone had crowded around me. I felt shy and embarrassed now. Probably they've never heard of "personal space" before, have they?

"Um, it's Nathan. He hasn't arrived yet though." I replied.

"Nathan? Wow, he's one lucky man. Having a girl watch him play is just....sweet." Said one guy. I didn't think that comment was worth answering, so I simply gave a small grin.

As if on cue, Nathan arrived at the scene. He looked really surprised to see the guys swarmed around me, instead of waiting on the field.

I spotted him and I was like....oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD!!! He looked soo.....hot.

Wait, what? Did I just call him that! What is wrong with me nowadays?

But I couldn't deny it, he did look....!!!! Nathan was wearing a red and white shirt with the number 5 on his back, and black shorts. I couldn't resist it....ok I need to stop checking him out before I look like an idiot.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" he shouted, walking towards the big group of guys around me. They turn around to face him and gave him smiles.

"You are one lucky man Nate." said the guy, who first came to me. Nathan immediately saw me and smiled amused.

"Megan? Oh, right. Um guys coach is waiting for us." He said. The guys gave me one last grin and smile, then turned to leave.

I called to Nathan. "Thanks!"

"For what?" He cried back.

"For helping me get rid of those guys swarming around me!" I replied. Nathan gave a smile and headed towards his coach.

I sat happily on the bleachers, watching Nathan play soccer. He was really good, and no doubt about that. He might be famous one day, known as a great soccer player.

In fact, in my opinion Nathan played really good, better than everyone here.

I was rubbing my knees constantly, just waiting till the practise was over. Then the coach called for a break time. The guys looked tired from the soccer drills they were doing. Some huddled in big groups talking while others just chilled out.

I saw Nathan walking towards me, and he took a seat beside me on the bleachers.

"You play really good. Amazingly good, and no doubt about that!" I praised him.

"Well, thanks. And you dance amazingly good as well." He smiled. I think I blushed at his praise.

There was silence for a moment.

"So, how did it go for the bridesmaid thing?" said Nathan.

I laughed. "Went well. Apparently, Mike's in the wedding too. He's Man of Honour."

"What does your dress look like? I bet you looked good in anything you tried on."

"I took a photo of it on my phone. Here, look." I showed him the photo, and his eyes somewhat widened.

"Whoa, sweet. You'll look really pretty in that." I blushed.

Suddenly, the coach called out to the guys that break time was over. Nathan gave me one last smile, before heading to the field.

The practise continued for another 15 minutes or so. I didn't really mind, just got a bit bored from time to time. Finally, the coach said practise was over. I was getting pins and needles from sitting down too much.

"Nathan, can you put the soccer balls away in the storage room?" Asked his coach. Nathan nodded and started picking up the soccer balls. It was then, that I hadn't realized there was a small building next to the field. So that was where they put their equipment and everything.

"I'll accompany you, if you don't mind." I told Nathan, as he was headed to the building. He nodded and I walked with him. I was curious to see what it looked like inside.

Nathan went to a room that was labeled "Storage Room". There was not a soul inside the building. It felt kinda creepy that it was only me and Nathan here.

He dumped he balls in the room and said "Let's go." to me.

Of course, me being the clumsy one, I always messed up in front of people, which made me embarrassed. We were going out the door, when I unexpectedly tripped over an unknown object. Nathan's hands grabbed my waist, preventing me from falling on the hard floor. My hands were almost around his neck. And we locked gazes. The feeling in his eyes, I couldn't tell. It was like mysterious, that he was keeping a secret from me. I didn't say anything. I wanted the whole world to disappear around us, and let it just be us. But no, of course that wouldn't happen. I seriously don't know where these feelings were coming from. Whenever I'm around Nathan, I always get this feeling.

Still, we were in the same position 2 minutes ago. It was only then, I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly straightened my body up. I stood awkwardly beside him. He was scratching the back of his neck, feeling a bit uncomfortable as well.

"Uh, th-anks." I managed to say finally.

Nathan nodded and started to head out the door. I knew he was feeling weird after our sudden "fall and save me" thing that happened. I quietly followed behind him.

I noticed I didn't have lunch. It was 2pm now, and I should've had my lunch maybe an hour ago.

Eager to forget about what happened, I started to talk to him about lunch.

"So, do you want to go anywhere for lunch?" I asked him. Yes, this is supposed to be the other way around. The guy usually asks that to the girl, but no. It ends up ME asking HIM!

Nathan looked at me weirdly. "Um sure. Where?"

Where? There were many places for food of course. Just, what place would be suitable for lunch? I thought and thought.

"How about Domino's?" I suggested. Dominos was a place where teens hung out usually. To eat or just to chill out. The teens were mostly from our school. So I felt comfortable going there where I knew everyone.

"Sure." was all Nathan said. Ok....

Luckily, I knew the way to Dominos from here. It was barely a 7-8 minute walk. Nathan was a bit silent during our walk, and I knew he was still brooding over what happened earlier. Or maybe something else. Who knows what goes on inside his jerky mind.

******************

We finally arrived at Dominos. Some of my school mates said "hi" and "what's up" to me. A lot of the jocks greeted Nathan, and you wouldn't believe how many girls started twirling their hair and batting their eyelashes at Nathan. Of course, he ignored them as best as he could.

I took a seat around a table for two. Nathan sat across me, and I think I caught him smiling a bit. Good, his mood is boosting!

"I'll order. What do you want?" I asked him.

Nathan thought for a moment before deciding. "Um, a hotdog would be fine. With ketchup." he gave a smile. Yes, I'll have to keep on trying to boost his mood, so I can't make him forget about that "thing".

I nodded and stood up to go and order. I decided to order a strawberry banana smoothie for myself, and I placed mine and Nathan's order.

As I was waiting for the food, someone's arm slung over my shoulder. I looked to my side and saw Andrew.

"Hey friend." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes. Jeez.

"You don't have to call me "friend". We are friends, so just call me by my name, thanks very much!" I snapped at him, but smiled.

"Who did ya come with?" I asked Andrew.

"My dudes. Oh...." He started, and then smirked.

"What?"

"It's pretty obvious who you came with." said Andrew. Sheesh.

I slapped my forehead. "Could I ask you something? What does the whole school think about me and Nathan?" I was curious to know. Andrew lazily spoke.

"Oh not much...just that they think you're a couple..." I cut him off roughly.

"WHAT?? I'm gonna freak out now! We are not a couple! You just go back and tell the whole school that we are not a couple!" I screamed practically. Andrew smirked.

"Of course, I'll do it right now your majesty." He teased.

"No!!!! I meant....whatever, don't tell anything to anybody. Make them think. It's better to not embarrass myself, then to confess something." I said.

Andrew laughed. "You are so amusing!"

"And, You.Are.An.Idiot." I said slowly.

"Aw, that hurt. I thought we were friends." He said, pretending to be hurt.

"Whatever....my foods here, so see ya later!" I cried, and scrambled off with the food.

Nathan was sitting calmly, gazing around him. A few girls were still twiddling with their hair and looking at Nathan flirtatiously. Ugh, enough of that already! Didn't they see Nathan was not giving one glance at them except...me?

Whoa, I didn't see that. It wasn't until I realized that he actually was looking at my face. I tried not to glance at him, instead focused on my food.

"Megan."

Shoot, now I'll have to look at him.

I nervously glanced up at him and said "Yeah?" I think I gulped also. My heart beat was beating faster. Why?

"There's um, something in your hair." He spoke.

"Huh?"

"Wait, let me..." He didn't need to finish because his hand reached my hair and softly brushed it with his fingers. I felt a tingling sensation inside me, when his hand touched my hair. He picked up the "something" from my hair, and showed me it.

It was a small, really thin piece of string that was on my hair. Nathan actually bothered to take that out of my hair?

"Oh, uh thanks." I said. Nathan gave a small nod. Then he started eating his hotdog. Surprisingly, there was no bits of food or ketchup on his face. He must have eaten it carefully. Come on, I would have got to touch his face....whatever!

I sipped on my smoothie, quietly. It was noisy here, cause all the teens were really loud. Just then, I heard someone's voice calling my name.

"Megan!"

I glanced around me, trying to find the person who called me. I then spotted Lizzy, waving her hands wildly at me. I smiled. She looked funny.

"Just a minute. I'll be back." I arose from my seat and started walking towards Nathan. And once I was out of the popular girls sight, they started talking to Nathan. Well, I'll deal with them later. I could hear Nathan saying "no" to them.

"What's up?" I asked Lizzy. Her eyes gleamed, which meant happy news obviously.

"Guess what??? I am going to practically SCREAM!!!" She cried.

"Whoa, hold your horses there! What happened?" I asked.

"Aaron asked me out finally!!"

I felt happy for her. She has never had a boyfriend, so it was nice Aaron actually asked her out.

"Wow, that's awesome! Where is he taking you?" I asked.

"I don't know. He told me it's a special surprise. And he promises me I would love it!"

"Well, hope you have fun. When are you going?"

"This Saturday!" Lizzy practically screamed in my ear. She was really happy, I could tell.

"Nice." I said. I looked back at Nathan, and saw girls practically crowded around him.

"Uh look, talk to you later. I gotta go." I told Lizzy. She nodded, said bye and left.

I scrambled to my table, trying to push past the bimbos. When I overheard what they were talking about. I tried to hide the stifle of laugh that was coming. I was so amused.

"Can I ask you out?" Asked one girl.

"No." Was Nathan's reply.

"Are you available?"

"No."

"Wait, do you have a girlfriend?"

Nathan hesitated on that question. Then his lips pulled into a smile. "Yes."

The girls actually gasped. Some were so dismayed! Omg, I had to try and hide the laugh! They looked hilarious!

"Is she here?" Asked one blonde bimbo. I was wondering what his answer would be. Then Nathan looked at me and gave a smirk. Oh no, please it's not what I think it is. I do not want to have to act as his...!!

"As a matter of fact, she's right there." Nathan said, pointing to me. The girls looked at me, sizing me up on my looks.

They gave "aw's" and "come on!".

"Please give room for my girlfriend." Said Nathan. The bimbos reluctantly made room for me, and I thankfully sat down in my seat.

After a while, the bimbos got bored and let Nathan go. He sighed, once they were out of his sight.

"Thanks for "acting"." said Nathan. I smiled at him.

"No problem. I would do the same, if I was a boy in your situation."

Nathan flashed one of his, oh so damn cute smiles!

What was happening to me? I keep on complimenting about, almost everything! To Nathan especially.

We decided to leave Dominos. The bimbo girls still gave Nathan a flirtatious smile, before he left. Ugh, they seriously need to get a life. Oh wait, they already have a life. A life as a Barbie girl. Well, what a surprise.

Nathan surprisingly had his car. He must have drove to soccer practise himself. Wow.

"I'll give you a ride home." He offered. I nodded and got into his car, nervously. I phoned mom that Nathan would be dropping me off.

The first few minutes of the ride went by silent. I hated silence, and so I broke it by starting a conversation.

"About what happened at practise, I-" but Nathan cut me off.

"Do you really want to talk about it?" He smirked. Oh right, he had a point. But I still....whatever.

"Oh. Um right."

I gazed at the views around me. It wasn't until that then, I noticed Nathan was peeking a view glances at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

"Nothing."

I scoffed. "Sure....now keep your eyes on the road. Wouldn't want to get into an accident." Nathan chuckled, when I said that.

"I'll make sure I save you."

I ended up blushing. Save me...my hero. I guess I was dreamily thinking about him, cause Nathan started calling my name louder and louder by the minute.

"Megan? What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Oh nothing." I said quickly.

"I bet it's me..." He said.

I looked at him. "What? No! Why would you think that?" I asked.

"I just...oh, we're here." I looked up to see we arrived home. Well, just when he was going to answer! Wait, Or was he?

"Bye." I said to Nathan, as he was getting out of the car. I was just going over my lawn, when I tripped suddenly over the curb. Stupid, clumsy me! If this is bad, it will get worse when I wear heels for the wedding! Terrible, and embarrassing!

Nathan's warm hands caught me by the wrists, and he gently pulled me up. I looked at him, and again we locked gazes. The second time of the day.

"Uh thanks...again." I said.

He grinned. "Looks like today was your trip over something day, and here I come to save you. Same old Megan." He said. I blushed...again. Stupid me!

"Aw, you're blushing!" Nathan exclaimed. I got caught off my guard as usual.

"I'm not." I said softly. He chuckled.

"Sure you aren't...well I'm going. See ya tomorrow." Nathan said suddenly. I nodded, waved goodbye and went inside my house. Why oh why did I have to blush in front of him?? It was so embarrassing.

I flopped myself on the bed, wondering about Nathan. He saved me...twice today. His hands were so soft, warm and welcoming. I loved every feeling. Sigh...

My phone suddenly buzzed. On the screen flashed: New Text Message From Nathan.

I enjoyed being with you today. Thanks for making my day :)

I clung onto my phone, near my heart. I was dreamily looking at the message, staring at the words "I enjoyed being with you today." It makes my heart flutter!!

But I didn't notice it at first. A thought struck me suddenly.

I am getting close to Nathan.

Hey guys and gals :)

Hope you liked it...chapter 15 coming soon!!! And as I say always....I update very quickly...no doubt about that....and sorry if i really sucked at the descriptions...honestly I am bad at them....so I just wrote whatever I could think to write about Megan's feelings. Anyway, thanks!

~Scarlett :)