Chapter 1- New Neighbour

This is my first book on WattPad....I hope u enjoy ..likes, votes, and comments would appreciate me...

Dedicated to: troublesmymiddlename...because she was my very first follower on wattpad!! And shes awesome!

Trailer to the side---> thnx to CrazyGirl56 for making it!

~Chapter 1~

This was the best day at school. Nothing ruined my day.

Yes, you heard me right. I did not say "this was the worst day" or "man, school is such a bore". Actually, today I got perfect in both my geometry and science tests. Now you may be thinking how the heck did I do that since Grade 12 was sooo tough! Not to brag, but I was an almost straight A student. So yeah, it was simple, but hard at the same time. Hard work really does pay off.

I was very eager to show my mom. So after school, I rushed home and ran into the kitchen, where she usually was. But I didn't find her. Jeez. So I went into the living room, and there she sat talking on the phone with someone, so pleasantly.

Mom looked up and saw me. She put down the phone and turned to me excitedly.

"Guess what honey? We're going to have a new neighbour" she said. I froze. No, this couldn't be happening! A new neighbour?? My last neighbour was an old lady and she knew sewing and embroidery. So my mom asked the old lady to teach me. It was so not fun, and she would talk endless of her boring family and about some politics.

The only time I was really pleased of having a new neighbour was if 1) It was a girl my age hopefully 2) The girl and me had much in common 3) She was like totally almost me. By the looks of my mom's face, I didn't think it would be my dream neighbour.

"Oh, um great. Well guess what?..." I started off. My mom didn't let me finish. She held up her hand to stop me from speaking.

"I'm not done yet sweetie! Our new neighbour is a great friend of mine! How happy I am! She has a son, your age. I forgot his name though. Anyways, Linda, my friend asked me if we could help her with the moving, and I accepted!" She exclaimed, sounding very happy. I groaned.

"Mom, we don't have to go about doing other people's work!! Especially with moving! Ugh." I wailed. Mom gave me one of those I- don't- care- you- have- to- cause- I- said- so look. I groaned even more loud! Mothers these days.

I put my thoughts about mom aside and turned onto the new guy who was gonna be my new neighbour.

What was he like?

Was he a nice, cool guy?

Was he...good-looking?

Oh be quiet Megan! I can't believe I thought about that. Ugh.

I could still hear mom talking on the phone with Linda. So I guess my chances of telling her of my good results were poor. I'll try another day.

***************

It was Friday. Yay, woo hoo! You would think I would just come home from school and relax, watch movies or have a sleepover. But no. You're wrong. I had to help those lazy movers with mom. What a waste to a Friday.

"But mom! We could've helped them tomorrow or something! Cindy called me over to her house today!" I wailed very loudly. Mom wouldn't even hear of it.

"No buts Megan. We're going and that's final. Just think how good friends you and her son could be!" She said. I slapped myself on the forehead. Mom had just said the baddest words I could ever think of. I didn't even know him yet! On top of that, I had a feeling he was not going to be very pleasant.