"do you see yourself as an artist in the future?" he suddenly asked out of the blue and gazed at her. "a painter, i mean. or a photographer."

"i don't know." she shrugged slowly and peered up at him. "i mean, it's the dream, but... a dream."

"hey, it's not an impossible dream."

"so you think i'd make it?" she asked with a stupid smile and raised her eyebrows.

"definitely." he whispered and winked at her.

"so you believe that, one day, i'll have my painting hanging in the national gallery in london?" she tilted her head sideways and felt the corner of her mouth twitch.

"yes, cass." he answered with a steady and severe voice. "i do."

matt wasn't lying; he loved her work, and the few photos he's seen. he didn't doubt for a second that she'd be able to achieve that, to one day have it hanging in london — or any other city and country for that matter.

"thanks, matt." she smiled softly and nudged his upper arm with her own gently.

"just being honest." he laughed and checked the time on his phone. "i have somewhere i need to go, but do you want to tag along?"

"depends. what is this place?" she asked with curious eyes and licked her lips.

"secret." he exhaled and stepped down from the stands. she sighed through her nose when he stretched out his hand but seized it nevertheless, stepping towards him.

matt tried to ignore the fact that they held hands for longer than one second, and cassie smiled up at him. she folded her arms together and walked beside him carefully.

"do i need to change? i'm just in my practicing outfit, nothing particularly fancy." she asked and peered up at him.

matt moved his eyes to her and eyed her quickly. she was wearing simple, soft shorts along with a loose t-shirt that showed just a bit stomach. and that was exactly the perfect thing to wear for the place.

"no, you don't." he assured her and slid his hands down his pockets.

"should i turn around and run?" she joked and pouted a bit.

"no. unless you want to, but i'd be offended." he smirked and annoyingly bumped his body against hers.

cassie giggled and looked up when they left college ground. she licked her bottom lip inside her mouth and kicked on a rock as they walked, while matt talked to keep a conversation.

"if zombies existed, do you think they'd be quick or slow?" she asked with a frown.

"what do you mean?"

"in some movies and tv shows they walk very slowly. in others they run faster than usain bolt."

"oh, yeah. i don't know, probably a mix." he shrugged and smiled.

"i hope you have an apocalypse plan." she snorted and looked up at him. he glanced away with a whistle, causing her to part her lips. "you don't have one?"

"should i?" he chuckled and cocked his head sideways.

"everyone should have an apocalypse plan." she stated as if it was obvious.