CHAPTER 51 - DESRAEON

Desraeon's Magic was weakening. He had never used it for such an extended period of time. He was a Seer. Not a warrior. He needed a break—at least ten minutes to recover himself. But he couldn't leave the FengDohrn to go at it alone. Two of the five remaining Carnac had the Xepa incision and it was taking everything out of him to keep them from firing a deadly shot. The FengDohrn would be helpless against them.

Wordlessly, through the connection he had built into their blocks, he sent them the next course of action.

"Got it!" they each thought back to him. They appeared to be tiring as well, though he had come to avoid relying on visual cues where FengDohrn were concerned.

Gauwin finally managed a deadly blow with her claws buried in one of the creature's chests. She finished off with a slice to the throat and kicked it away, only to dive out from under another monster.

Desraeon filled his hand with a shield—the strongest thing he was presently capable of.

"I'll count down from three. No matter what is happening, when I reach one, drop to the floor," he instructed, kicking the nearest Carnac into the one behind it. "Three—two—one!"

The FengDohrn dived to the floor and Desraeon launched the shield into the air, throwing anything a foot above the ground off its feet.

"Run," he yelled.

The three took off down the hallway. With the Carnacs' possessing Magic, he couldn't go through the Portal door without running the risk of them following. So, they would just have to run—run and stay ahead of them long enough for his Magic to recuperate.

* * * * * * * * * * *