CHAPTER 32 - TRITTEON

I watched Orion through the eyes of the Kovei as she hurried away, a strange sense of awe settling over me. I had never been more impressed with someone in my life. Of course, I had never met someone more talented than myself. She already had pure, raw leadership abilities. I shivered to think what she would be capable of with formal training.

Colleena's inquisitive thoughts reached my ears. I straightened and dropped, what I realized was a smile, off my face, and moved to stand sentry at the glass doors that led out to the balcony. I didn't want to have a conversation with her. Her thoughts admitted to listening in to my reprimand as Orion had done. These women were so prying.

Colleena paused for a moment in the doorway, considering my mood. "She is very important to him, isn't she?"

I ignored her, directing all of my visual attention out the window, at the grassy, rain drenched shore, at the tree line and the multiple stone paths that led into it. Maybe if I concentrated hard enough, I could block her voice and thoughts from my mind completely without withdrawing my Vek from the room.

Her hand snapped out and gripped my jaw, turning me to face her. "Wha—what happened? Your nose—"

"Theena," I said simply.

She prodded the bridge of my nose. And then her eyes widened, and she stepped back and pointed to my chest. "Take off your shirt."

I didn't. "Yes. She healed everything."

Her nose scrunched in disgust. "After what you did, why would she do that?"

I scanned the shoreline out the window some more. "She is too good for any of us."

Her disgust remained. "You really are a prick."

"I am aware."

Her eyes narrowed in bewilderment. "Wait. How much time did it take? I haven't been away that long."

I considered. "A minute maybe."

She rolled her eyes. "That isn't funny. How long did it really take?"

"A minute, at most," I insisted.

She blinked. "That isn't possible."

"That's how long it took."

She shook her head. "No, because Padovani can mend a lone broken bone in a minimum of five minutes. I've gotten it down to ten. What you're saying is—is—" She ran a hand through her hair. "How did she do it? What techniques did she use?"

I shrugged. "Her hands glowed, she touched my face, my injuries burned, and then she stopped, and they were healed."

She squeezed her eyes shut, shaking her head more vigorously, unable to process what I was saying. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm not sure how much clearer I can be."

"You're not getting it," she said, flustered. "What you're describing is Oria Magic. That's how Oria Magic works. Nourr does not function that efficiently, nor that quickly."

"It wasn't Magic. I have felt Oria Magic. It was definitely Nourr."

She rubbed her brows. "Alright, what were her energy levels afterward? Did she—"

"It didn't appear to take anything out of her. Her demeanor didn't change."

She walked a full circle around me, her mind sorting through calculations and possibilities. "Where is she? I need to—"

"She's questioning the Guardians with Gonreem. She'll be back within the hour."

She sank onto one of the beds, her mind reeling, everything she'd ever learned about Poeir suddenly thrown into question.