The End

It's been months since I've talked to Jay. I hopes he's alright, even though he put me through some shit I still care.

I'm off to college in a few days, it would be nice to see him before so leave. Everything I have is packed and ready to go. It all seems like everything happened so fast. I'm honestly scared, I don't have really much support on what's about to go down. I'm leaving, probably won't be back, don't want to be back. It's good that I can start over, but it seems as if I'm not ready and it really bugging me.

Ashely is off doing what she does, my so called sister is god knows where, my mother is gone. It's not like she was going to stay long anyway. Maybe it's just time for me to let go of things, I don't need to cling on to the things that won't benefit me later on.

Just two days before I leave. In two days I'll be leaving everything, never looking back. I should go visit Ashley, it would be great. Spend a full day with her, probably the last full day I will ever spend with her. People grow and they become unattached from each other.

I picked up some snacks from the market and I even got her a little gift. On the way out the store I talked to an old neighbor of mine, we talked about my house. I told her I was going to sell it, don't need it anyway. I won't be back.

Ashley's parents weren't home, there's a fifty fifty chance that she may or may not be here. I knocked on the door, I was out waiting for a while. Maybe she wasn't home.

She finally came outside, looks as if she was sleep. "Hey Ash, sorry to interrupt you but I wanted to give you this." I handed her the gift bag.

"What's this?"

"A goodbye gift, I thought that I should give you something because we're going to be apart from each other for awhile."

"That reminds me, I have a gift for you also." She flagged me to go inside. "Unfortunately I can't start school yet so I'm stuck here for awhile."

We went to her room, it looks different. It's like she threw mostly everything away. Her room looks as if someone else designed it their way.

"Someone cleaned your room?"

"Yeah, my mom thought it was time for a change." Memories were made in this room. Where I lived partially. "Don't worry, everything we made that was in here is now in this book."

"Book?"

"Yeah, I got two books made, it's full of pictures and things we did together. Can't just let them go to waste."

"Well now my gift is shitty." She laughed and took my gift I got her.

She opened the box and looked at the picture inside the locket.

"A locket with us from when we were younger isn't shitty. I actually never saw this picture again. It's great to see it again." She had a small grin on her face. "I remember this day like it was yesterday."

"You do?"

"Yeah, you ran from a duck. It was the funniest thing ever. Plus you crushed that girls sandcastle when she said my hair was ugly."

"Yeah that was a good one."

We fell silent.

"I'm going to miss you Crystal." She pulled me into a hug and started to cry. I hugged her back and a tear slid down my cheek. "Start leaving now, you need to go set up your new spot. Moving in day is the worst, you should just get a head start on it." She pulled away.

"Already?"

"Yeah, it's not like it's going to be the last time we see each other. Break is not that far. I wouldn't want to hold you up from doing big girl things."

Little do she know that I won't be coming back for a while. I can't come back. To much has been done here.

"You're right."

We walked downstairs and said our last goodbyes, I told her to say bye to everyone for me. I can't seem to do it myself, I'll be even sadder.

I step into my car and I pulled off onto the next block. I parked my car for a second and just focused on breathing for a while. It's time for takeoff.

A phone notification pops up on my phone from a random number.

Be safe out there, partner.

Jay?