21. Did You Find Me Yet?

Our food finally came, I dug right into it. I only ate half, I was stuffed.

"So, are you single?"

"I am proudly to say, yes."

"Bad relationship huh?"

"Not a relationship, more of an experiment."

"Oh, okay."

My phone started to vibrate, I have 4 missed calls from the same number. When I called back, my whole mood changed.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"It's Jay."

I moved the phone away for a second, "Speaking of the devil, I'll be right back."

"Take your time."

I stepped outside, it was windy so he better make this quick.

"We need to talk, I need to see you like today."

"For what?"

"I miss you."

"Bye J-"

He cut me off, "Please don't hang up, this is serious."

"Whatever, I've been meaning to talk to you too."

"Your place?" he asked.

"Yeah, my place."

"See you then."

"Bye."

I walked back into the restaurant where I found Synn trying to keep herself up. She was shaking her head to shake the sleep off.

"Synn, how about I take you home?"

"Yeah, my bed sounds nice right now."

We head to my car, she gave me directions and we were out. The car ride was kind of silent, I felt like I needed to apologize.

"Sorry for not being much company tonight, it's a lot going on right now."

"It's okay, I understand somewhat. Maybe you should be like my mentor, help me out with this new life."

I barely know what to do for what's going on in my life.

"Look Synn, I barely know what's going on in my life," she was staring at me like she was going to cry, "but I guess I can help with what I know."

"Thanks!" she reached over and hugged me.

"Looks like this is your stop." I parked the car in front of her house.

"Thanks for everything Crystal." she flashed me a smile.

"Don't mention it, call or text me whenever you need something."

She nodded and walked towards her door, she stopped and waved again then entered her house.

On the way to my house, I thought about what I was going to say to Jay. Should I be like 'Hey I'm pregnant with your kid, what you going to do about it?' Or 'I could be pregnant for 375 days, are you going to be there for the trouble?'

There's a lot going through my head and I can't seem to think straight. It's all his fault, I should of never trusted him, I should of never even fanned over him in the first place.

My mom car was gone, Jayla's car was gone so I'm guessing I have a free house. Finally.

I made some tea, changed my clothes, sat on the couch just waiting. This was important for me to tell him.

There was a knock at my door, I peeked through the peep hole and it was him.

"Hey." he scratched the back of his head.

"Come in." I opened the door some more for him to get in.

He sat on the couch and I offered him a cup of tea. As he sipped I asked, "What did you have to talk about?"

Jay

I guess it's now or never, right? Tell her to watch her back because my brother Justin messed up way too much now she's involved?

"I'm waiting." she sipped her tea, she's getting a little too impatient.

"You know that girl you were fighting at the party?"

"How could I forget about the night I was getting used?" she put her cup down on the table. "What about her?"

"Just watch your back, she's crazy."

"How you know? You slept with her too right? What you know her daddy and y'all share y'all secrets?"

"Look-" she cut me off.

"I'm pregnant with your baby, the doctor said it's going to take some time for the egg to grow. I just want to know are you going to be less of an ass and help me."

Woah, pregnant? Now that's something that would lure them on to her more. I need her to hate me, asap.

"Are you sure it's mine?"

"You can't be fucking serious! I told you I was a virgin asshole!"

"Your delusional."

"Delusional? I thought that you leaving me lonely for a day or two would help you find me and see what I'm really worth. But it seems like you didn't that right."

"Delusional."

"Let me ask you, did you find me yet Jay?" I couldn't answer that, I felt this burning in my stomach. "I'll take that as a no."

I got up a walked over towards her.

"Leave my delusional ass alone, get the hell out of my house! I can raise a child by my damn self!"

"Crystal-" she was hurt.

"Fuck you Jay, fuck you." she slammed the door in my face. Perfect.

The late night creepers were walking around looking at me.

"The hell are you looking at!" I yelled while walking to my car.

I think Justin owes me big time, I hate myself more than I hated myself from before. I'm a bad person, I need a drink. But first, I need to make a call.

"Hello heart breaker." my brother on the other end of the phone.

"Why are you calling me that?"

"Word gets out fast, you made her cry you ass-tard." she called him?

"She called you?"

"Yeah, I'm her new best friend. Remember?"

"What did she exactly tell you?" did she bring up that she was pregnant. Was I the only one who knew?

"She talked about how she hates your fucking guts, how your a manipulator, a user, a jackass, low down dirty dog and a deadbeat. You must've of really put her down."

"I did it because of you, you dick!" I was driving to this club.

"What you mean?"

"You put us four into danger."

"Four? Last time I checked it was three people."

"Four. She's pregnant."

"Well isn't that special." he hung the phone up. I wonder what be plans to do next.

Lord help me.