13: Lets Start Over

I got a book off my dresser and I walked to my window. I opened the window, swung my book and I think I hit someone.

Then the person was revealed. Jay. Woah, Jay at my window? He was just sitting there holding his head. I took my blanket out and sat next to him on the roof. The spot on the roof next to my window, it's the best spot. You could really see the stars and it's hidden from the people on street. It was peaceful.

"Jay, I'm so sorry. How long you were here for?"

"Well I was here to see that sister moment."he used his fingers as if they were quotations.

"Ew, you saw that? I just can't believe her. Anyway why are you here?"I made sure he didn't have a mark on his forehead.

"It was fine, just a thing siblings go through."

I wrapped my blanket around us. It was pretty cold out.

"Well it's good to have a friend like you."

"Damn, I've been friend zoned."

I just looked at him. "Let me cut to the chase, I was wrong and all I want is for us to start over."

"Starting over would be nice for a change."

"Is that a yes for starting over, Ms. Moore?"

"Yes it is." we hugged liked we never did before. He kissed my forehead, I guess it was soothing for the time.

"Jay, why did you come back to me?"

"You're different."

"Oh okay."

We just laid there, talking about stars. Making wishes. Putting old stuff behind us. It was all great until he left.

I went back inside my room and there was my mom, with a belt?

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Boys outside your window? Your better than this. I'm sorry but the same way I raised your sister is the same way I have to raise you."

She hit me with the belt. It was like a nightmare came true. The buckle part hit me in the mouth. My lip was bleeding.

"Are you serious?" I rolled my eyes and laid down. She left and Jayla was just standing there. What a life I wanted.

It's a shame how I'm not safe at my own house. Getting hit with the buckle part though? I packed some stuff because I wasn't going to be here this weekend.

~morning~

The day comes and I'm off to school. I got up early enough so I didn't even have to face anyone. Maybe I could ask Ash if I could stay over this weekend. I left my bag in the car and just went to class.

"Hey Crystal, can you please stay over my house today?"she asked.

"Sure, what's the occasion?"I had to make it seem so casual as possible. I can't make it seem I was desperate to go over.

"My momma misses you dearly."she rolled her eyes. Wonder what that was about.

"Awe, I missed her too and I think we should get going to class. Guess what, we got gym."I said.

"I'm not participating, I gotta sit down ya' know."

"Yeah, I guess. See you in gym, slut."I laughed.

"See you, Virgin Mary."she said.

After that talk, I went to my class where they talk about how our life will soon to be. Our project is that we have to act like a married couple with someone and the teacher gives us life cards. Basically like the game of Life but worse in my opinion.

Guess who is my partner, Jay. I know we're starting over but I don't want to start over like this again.

"Hey, Partner."he said and he just kept staring at me.

"Hey, you know it."we both laughed.

"Ready to do this project?"

"Yeah, as long as you don't leave me again."

"I promise I won't."

"I don't  trust a promise if it's not a pinky promise."

"Pinky promise."he held out his pinky and we pinky promised.

For the rest of class we had learned about condoms. Out of all things, condoms. I know damn well that the teachers know these people already know about sex.

Class was over so Jay walked me to my locker while he was carrying my books.

"Thanks badboy."I said.

"No problem chief."all I had felt was his eyes watching me.

I just put my stuff away like I didn't notice him staring at me.

"You know, that cut on your lip is a turn on right now." Ew.

"What you have a fetish for scars?"I said jokingly.

"Just yours."he backed me up onto the lockers with his thumb rubbing against my lip.

"Cause', I love you."he said.

"Good, you made a pinky promise."

go on the next chapter.....