Chapter 23

We walked out the pizza place and went back to the arcade. This wasn't the first time Aaron's kissed me, I've known him for 6 years, things have happened.

Johnson was holding a huge teddy bear and sticking his tongue out at Gilinsky. "I told you I was better at basketball" he said. Gilinsky shot him a look, "my hand slipped" he replied.

Nash had a smaller bear and was talking to a few girls. I left Aaron and walked towards Nash. The girls turned to look at me as I walked up behind Nash.

"Oh my god! Erin!" one of the girls yelled, coming over to hug me. I hugged her back and smiled at her. One of the other girls came over and hugged me too.

They went back together and smiled at us. "Could we get a picture Nash?" they asked. "Sure" Nash responded. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me over to him.

As I went and stood next to Nash, the last girl walked in front of us. "Um excuse me, we asked Nash for a picture. Not you." she said, in a nasty attitude.

"Heather stop being such a bitch!" one of the girls yelled. " yeah heather" the other replied. "Well Chloe & Nicole, either she leaves or we all leave without a picture" she said, hand on her hip.

They all looked at me. I nodded and walked away as I heard Nash speak. Heather was next to him, closer than I'd seen a fan be.

He pushed her away, "um excuse me, they asked me for a picture", he said, pointing at Chloe and Nicole,"not you". I smiled at him as he smiled back. Heather stomped away into the restroom as they all laughed.

I walked over to them and smiled as the flash went off. The girls thanked us and walked back to the arcade.

Nash and I went back to the jacks and Aaron. "well guys" Nash said, "we need to go home to pack our last couple things" . I knew he was sad by how low he looked.

I patted his back as he smiled for a second back at me. The jacks walked over to Nash to hug him as Aaron walked over to me.

"oh Erin bear, I'm going to miss you a lot" he said, eyes getting teary. I hugged him tight. "I'm going to miss you too Aaron" I whispered in his ear, "please don't forget about me, I'll call you every night" I said, letting him go.

He was crying and I felt even worst leaving him. I hugged him once more before walking behind Nash towards the car.

The car ride home was quiet as we passed our old favorite places. I looked at the people walking to wherever they were going, smiling and laughing at one another.

I checked my phone to see a text from Aaron.

Bestie💜: hey...
Erin: hi, please don't be sad...
Bestie💜: I'm trying not to. When do you leave tomorrow?
Erin: 5:45 to the airport. Plane leaves at 6:40.
Bestie💜: okay. I'm taking a nap tho bc hella tired.
Erin: you're so lazy Aaron lol.
Bestie💜: oh shut up. Text you in a few, beautiful.
Erin: okay, goodnight bae.

I put my phone back inside my hoodie as I saw Nash wave his hand in front of my face. "Hello?" he said, as I took my earbuds out, forgetting I had them on.

"Sorry, what did you say" I asked. "Dads on the phone" he said, giving me his phone. I grabbed the phone and put it up next to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, quietly. Almost too quiet that I worried dad couldn't hear me. "Erin?" he asked. "Yes dad it's me. How are you?" I asked, heart beating a little faster.

"Honey, I'm fine but I'm--" CRASH! "Dad? What's going on?" I asked. "Sorry honey, I dropped a plate. I broke my arm a couple days ago and I'm still getting used to it" he said, breathing heavily.

"Oh. What did you need though dad?" I asked again, as Nash's phone buzzed with the "20% battery left". "Oh right! Well I've been talking the the court and all and they are letting me have you guys on weekends only" he said, with excitement.

My heart beat quicker. I couldn't believe it. "Oh dad I'm so happy!" I said, a little too loud. "Me too honey, they said I can start this weekend" he said.

My heart dropped. This weekend was Magcon Nashville and Nash and I had promised to go but this was my dad. "Erin, honey, you still there?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry" I said, coming back to reality. "Well I'll call your mom this afternoon. I must go now, the Amazing Race is on right now" he said.

I smiled. Dad loved that show more than anyone. "Okay, goodbye dad" I said. "Goodbye Erin. See you soon" he said before the call ended.

I handed Nash his phone back. "Erin you only left 14% left" he said, whining. "Well I'm sorry" I said, as we pulled up into our driveway. We jumped out of the car as someone opened the door. A man walked out, making us both stop.

We all looked at each other as my mother came out from behind the door. "Oh look who's home? Nash, Erin, you guys remember Brett right?" she asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He looked down at her and smiled. I looked over at Nash as he looked back at me. We both nodded. "Well he's helping us move a couple things. Such a gentleman" she said.

I rolled my eyes and walked through them towards my room. "Erin, darling, aren't you hungry?" mom asked as I walked up the steps. I stopped and turned to look at her.

"Brett made an amazing pizza" she said. I sighed. "I'm not hungry anymore" I said, walking up the rest of the steps and into my room.

A couple minutes later, Nash walked in and laid next to me in bed, arms around my waist. "Nash?" I asked, whispering. "Hm?" he whispered back. "Does dad know about Magcon?" I finally said.

"No" he responded. "Why not?" I asked again. "He doesn't think it's important, well to him but to me it is." he responded, taking a deep breathe.

"What will we tell him then? We can't skip Magcon Nashville. People have said its an awesome place and that there's lots of fans" I said.

Nash hummed to himself for a couple minutes. "We'll see Erin, let's go to bed now though. Big day tomorrow" he said. "Right" I said, sighing. "Goodnight Nashy" I said. "Goodnight Eri" he responded.

"I love you" we both said, at the same time.