Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning next to Matt. I ran my hands through his hair, slowly, not to wake him. I carefully got off the bed and went into the bathroom.

I washed my face and decided to go all natural today. I walked back out as Matt awoke. He yawned and look at me, smiling.

"hey beautiful" he said as I sat down in the chair next to him. "hey" I replied. His lip had a split but he seemed better than yesterday.

"how you feeling today" I asked, handing him his pills and cup of water. He took them then gave back the cup of water. "better"

"that's good" I said, checking my phone. I had several messages and missed calls, one from my mom.

I looked up at matt who was standing up. "Matt are you allowed to be up" I asked, standing up next to him. He nodded, smiling.

"I need to be at Magcon today" he said excitedly. I smiled at him, "you sure, you can take a day off". He shook his head no, "I wanna go"

The nurse from last night walked in, surprised, "looks like someone is feeling better" . Matt nodded in agreement. "Well I guess you can go home now, here's a few more pills incase of pain"

Matt took the pills as the nurse walked out. He turned to grab his shoes and sat down to put them on.

I messed with hair since that's the only time I could reach it. He stood back up making my hands slide down to his neck.

We looked at each other as we heard a knock at the door. We turned to see Nash with messier hair than I've ever seen him with.

I let go of Matt

"how you feeling man" Nash asked, hugging Matt. Matt let out a quiet ouch as he hugged Nash back. "Better, actually gonna go to Magcon today"

"damn man, stronger than many people". Nash looked over at me, "you sleep good". I nodded, blushing at the thought of me next to Matt earlier.

Nash walked out of the room with the pills, leaving matt and I alone again. Silence filled the room as Matt looked out the window.

It was gloomy, raining slowly and quietly. I checked the time. 6:55. We needed to be at Magcon at 7:30. I went to tap Matt in the shoulder.

"I need to be away from him" he spoke quietly. I pulled my hand back, "he won't be close to you". Matt got up, turning to look at me.

"good, I need to be away from him until I'm strong enough to apologize". I was shocked. "aren't you mad at him or hate him". Matt chuckled, walking up to the doorway.

"I did at first but Taylor's my friend. Best friend. and I'm not gonna let a stupid fight ruin that" he said, walking out the door.

I let what he said sink in. Taylor was my friend too and I knew I couldn't be mad at him forever. I grabbed a flower that was next to Matt's bed and left.

Most of the boys were up and eating chips from a vending machine. Nash walked up to me and handed me Oreos. "just eat em with this" he said, handing me milk. "makes them a lot better"

I laughed and opened the package. My stomach growled as I took a bite. I heard a laugh behind me and saw Aaron. I smiled.

"you seem hungry" he said. I nodded, eating another Oreo whole. "we all are too" he chuckled. I smiled, still chewing. I looked at everyone.

This all had messy hair or no make up on in mahoganys case but they all still looked amazing. "so did he get over it" Aaron asked.

"no, he still needs time before apologizing" I responded. "Taylor doesn't. He blames Matt and even with an apology, he's not going to forgive him"

"why" I asked, looking over at Taylor who was still asleep in a chair. "matt has what Taylor doesn't" he said, "Taylor only wants it for himself"

"I'm guessing me" I said, rolling my eyes. "I guess but it's also more". I turned to face him. "like" I asked, curious.

"Matt has your love, your support, your trust, you and well Taylor, Taylor only has your name and memory"