Chapter 16

"Erin, get up we're here" . I woke up to see Nash getting up from his seat to get his bag. I stretched, looking out the window. It was a cloudy day, looked like it was gonna rain soon.

I got up from my seat, reaching for my bag. We got off the plane and into the airport. We got our last couple of suitcases and headed outside.

My heart stopped. It was mom. I ran into her arms, breathing in her sweet scent. She wrapped her arms around me, making me feel better.

"Oh honey, you're so grown up. I heard what happened, I hope you're feeling better" she said, pushing my hair down.

"Oh I do mom, Nash come say hi" I said turning towards Nash's direction. He looked upset. "So you gonna tell her what happened" he said, with an attitude.

I looked back at mom, who now looked sad, I gave her a confused look. She took a deep breathe. "I'll talk about it when we get home" she said, grabbing my suitcases and heading to the car.

The car ride was silent. Nash didn't want to sit with mom so I sat next to her in the front. As I looked at mom, I realized that everyone was right about me looking like her. I had her brown hair with blue eyes and tan skin.

We got home and unloaded the car, Nash finishing first and rushing inside. I brought in my final bag and sat down at the kitchen table next to Nash.

"Nash what's going on?" I said, as I sat down. "She'll explain" he said, angrily taking a bite of his apple. Mom walked in and sat down in front of us.

"Well are you going to tell her" Nash said, with the same attitude from earlier. "Mom what's going on?" I said, confused. She took a deep breathe.

" well Erin, honey, I decided that I was going to remarry" . "That's not all" Nash responded. My mom gave Nash an angry look. I looked back at her.

She took another breathe. "This means you'll be changing schools and never seeing your father" . I looked at her, dumbfounded. "What?" I said, confused.

"I'm sorry honey but he lives in Indiana and we can't stay here anymore." she said, going to grab my hand. I pulled it back, "I don't care about that but I can't see dad anymore! That's bullshit!" I yelled.

"Now Erin, don't start saying bad things, maybe it's for the best" she said, shrugging her shoulders. "No it's not mom, just because you hurt dad doesn't mean you should hurt us too" .

She straightened up in her chair, face getting brighter with anger. I knew I shouldn't have said that but I had too because it was true. She divorced him and he was heart broken.

"Erin Grier, don't you ever talk to me like that again. If I say you can't see your dad, then you aren't seeing your dad!" she yelled from across the table.

"Maybe you shouldn't be a bitch" Nash said under his breathe. "You two are so disrespectful, your dad doesn't even care for you. He's never here is he? No."

I was done with her, I got up from my chair and walked upstairs to my room. I could hear my mom yelling at Nash.

I put my earbuds on and listened to music. I sat in bed thinking about my dad. He'd left us one night when I was six, I still remember it.

Mom and him had got in fight and mom didn't want to see him again. As he packed his things, he came into my room. I smiled at him, not knowing that was the last time I'd see him, and hugged him.

"Daddy you have to go night night" I said, as he sat down on my bed. He smiled, "babygirl , daddy has to go on an adventure. He might not be back for a long time but remember that I'll always love you and be here" . He hugged me once more, placing a kiss on my forehead, and left.

A couple minutes after he left, Nash came into my room. He jumped in bed next to me, "nwash daddy's going on an adventure" i said, excitedly.

At that moment, I knew that the adventure wasn't a good one just by Nash's expression. He looked sad and I could see tears in his eyes.

I hugged him, "nwash you'll be okay" . He hugged me back and fell asleep moments after I did. The house was quiet and we were distant from mom since then.

I was so in my thoughts I didn't hear my music stop and my phone buzzing. I looked down at my phone and say it was Tay. I answered.

"Hey Tay" I said, trying not to sound sad. "Hey beautiful, is Nash there?" . "Yeah why?" I said, confused. "Well Cam's been calling him like crazy and Nash isn't answering his phone?"

I put my phone down and heading down the hall to Nash's door. I knocked, "Nash you up" . No response. I opened his door, he wasn't in his bed. I panicked a little.

I went to my room to get my phone and dialed his number. I heard it ring. I followed the ringing into the bathroom where I saw Nash on the floor. He had blood all over his arms.

I dropped down next to him, feeling tears running down my face. "Nash" i said. He looked up at me, his eyes were blood red and his phone was unlocked in his hand. I took the phone from him and saw a text from Matt.

Matthew: dude why do you even try? You're mom was right, your dad doesn't care about you and neither does anyone else. No one loves you so just fucking die!

I was beyond pissed. That cunt hurt my brother more than anyone ever had and he was going to pay. I looked down at Nash in my lap.

I gently put his head down and got up. I went to get a blanket and pillows from his bed. I put one pillow under his head and the other behind me. I grabbed some band-AIDS and warm water for Nash's cuts.

After placing the last one, I put the blankets over us and turned off the lights. He was too weak to go to his bed and I wasn't going to make him.

As I tried to get comfortable, he wrapped his arms around me just like the day dad left, leaving me and Nash alone in the dark. I hugged him back.

"Nash you'll be okay"