Chapter 3

Gym was my next period and I had it with Casey, the girl from first period. We talked a lot and agreed to sit together at lunch.

She finished changing before I did and I told her I'd meet up with her at lunch. She nodded and left. I sat alone, tying my shoe.

I got up, grabbing my book bag when a note fell out. I picked it up and read it. "Erin, I know we just met but I feel like I've known you forever" I smiled.

"You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met and beautiful as well. That's so cheesy. I'll see you at lunch cutie" I smiled again, walking out of the locker room.

I walked to the lunch room where I ran into Nash on the way. "so there's a new guy added" I told him. He looked down at me, "I know, I wonder who it is" he said.

We stopped at the front doors of the lunch room. "I'll see you later then" I said. He nodded and smiled at me before running towards Gilinsky.

He waved at me. I waved back before walking into the lunch room and looking for Matt and Casey. I finally found them at a table in the back.

"finally you're here" Matt said, as I sat down. I rolled my eyes at him and said hi to Casey. She said hi back and sat quietly.

"Matt this is Casey , Casey this is Matt" I said. They shook hands. "I have a question" Casey said, quietly. "Shoot" I responded.

Matt got up a couple seconds later, "I have to go pee" he said, before running out of the lunch room. We laughed. "What were you gonna ask" I asked, grabbing a fruit salad and water.

She took a deep breathe, "do you like Matt" she asked. I spit out a grape, "what" I asked. She laughed, "do you" she asked again.

I thought about this for a second. I had just met Matt but like he had said, I'd felt like I'd known him forever.

I thought about earlier today. How I'd feel whenever we talked. As I thought of this, my stomach turned and my heart began beating faster.

"I-I" I said. Casey leaned in closer then she smiled. "Ooo Erin has a crush!" she yelled, making a few people look over at us.

I smacked her arm before we broke into laugher. "I do not" I said. "Mhm we will see" Casey said. "How" I asked, confused.

"Three signs" she said. I motioned for her to explain. She sighed, "one, you laugh at all his jokes. Two, you look into each other's eyes, for longer than ten seconds. Three, you or him hug a lot, he wraps him arms around, hold hands, etc" she said.

"Okay, sure" I said, laughing. "You'll see" she said, as Matt sat down. He grabbed one of my grapes, "so what are you guys doing this weekend" he asked.

"Babysitting" Casey said. "Hanging with my brothers, what about you?" I asked. "I'll be busy hanging with some friends" he said, smiling.

I laughed then looked at Casey. She held one finger. I kicked her under the table. "Ow" she said. I laughed.

The rest of the lunch period, we joked around with each other and talked. The bell rang and it was time for 6th period.