Chapter 11

We all sat in the waiting room, quietly. Magcon had been canceled but all fans with tickets were getting VIP.

I sat across from Taylor, trying not to look at him. My stomach growled making Nash look over at me. "You hungry" he asked. I nodded.

"We can go and get something to eat or something" he asked, politely. I looked over at the doors the lead to Matt's room. I knew he'd be in there for a while.

"okay" I said, getting up. "where you guys going" Shawn asked. "getting breakfast from McDonald's, want anything" I asked.

"I want muffins" Shawn immediately said. "You always want muffins" Nash responded. I smiled. "We'll get pancakes, biscuits, fruit"

"and muffins" Shawn added, making me giggle. "And muffins" Nash finished. We walked out to our car and drove towards McDonald's.

"why did he do that" Nash asked. "who" I asked, confused. "Matt. He isn't a violent person. Why'd he fight"

"Matt has feelings he can't express that Taylor can so Matt got mad that Taylor took me away I guess" I explained.

"Taylor isn't good for you and I know it" Nash said, turning onto the line of cars in the drive thru. "He fought Matt for no reason, Matt was pissed and I would be too"

"you'd be mad that I was Taylor" I said, rolling my eyes. "No, I'd be mad if the girl I had feelings with fucked one of my best friends" he finished.

I went silent as Nash ordered everything. We waited again. "I think you should apologize to Matt" Nash said, stretching.

"I will once he's better" I said grabbing four bags in my lap. We drove back to the hospital and sat down the bags in the mini lunch area they had.

Nash passed out a box with three pancakes, an egg & sausage biscuit, fruit cup, and muffin to everyone. I grabbed mine and sat next to mahogany.

"hey babes" she said as I sat down. "hey" I said, opening my food. My stomach growled, making us both laugh.

"well you're very hungry" she said. I nodded in agreement. "did anything happen while we were gone" I asked.

She took a sip of orange juice, " not much, they said Matt could possibly stay over night". I took a drink of my water as I looked over at Taylor.

As we all finished and took a seat in the waiting room again, Bart arrived. He walking over to us and took a seat.

"anything yet" he asked. Everyone nodded no. "Called his parents, they said to keep them updated. Fans are still outside" he explained.

"loyal" Sammy said. "When is the event going to be then" Johnson asked. Bart shrugged, " depends on you guys"

"how" I asked. "whether you guys want to wait for Matt to get better or do the event without him". We all sat, thinking.

Bart got up from his chair, "I have to go and fix things but keep me updated, one of you, please" he said, walking out.

We sat there for three hours. Almost everyone had left but us. The lady at the counter walked over to us, "hey sweethearts, are you guys staying over night"

We all looked at each other and nodded. "did you guys bring any blankets" she asked. "no" Taylor answered for all of us.

"I'll be back with some then" she said, walking into room behind her desk. Johnson yawned, "been a very long day"

"yep, very" Gilinksy added. "why do you guys talk like that" Shawn asked. "Like what" Gilinksy asked. "Like that"

"like what" Johnson asked. "like the twins from the shining" mahogany finished. We all laughed for once all day.

"maybe we are" they both said, getting up and holding hands. We laughed once again as the lady brought out the blankets with pillows.

"here you go, sweethearts" she said. Shawn took the blankets as Sammy took the pillows. They each gave us one as we tried to get comfortable.

I check the time. 12:34 am. Johnson and Gilinksy were the first to fall asleep. Sammy and skate following.

I began closing my eyes as the doctor came over to us. Everyone shook the sleeping boys up to listen. "Well I'm guessing you guys are staying overnight"

We all nodded. "well your friend is making a recovery, he'll be out tomorrow but he's requested to see some of you"

He looked down at his clipboard. "He'd like to see Cameron, Shawn, Nash, Jack Johnson, and Erin". Cameron went in first.

We all sat quietly as each of the boys went and came back. My heart began to beat faster as my turn approached.

Finally, Johnson returned and I got up. I caught a glimpse of Taylor watching me as I walked down the empty hall.

Patients lay asleep, some connected to machines, others not. I felt my heart break a little seeing them like this.

I found Matt's room finally at the end of the hall. A nurse walked out, she pushed up her glasses. She was an older nurse. She smiled at me as she held the door open for me before closing it.

There were flowers all around Matt's bed as I opened up the curtain to see him laying in the hospital bed. My heart broke even more as I sat down next to his bed.

I grabbed Matt's hand, it was cold so I rubbed it with my other. He moved his head slowly, looking at me. "Erin" he whispered.

"Matt I'm so sorry" I finally let out, bursting into tears. "I'm sorry for everything I put you through". I felt his hand wrap around mine.

"Erin, please stop" he whispered. I stopped crying, trying to wipe my tears. "it hurts me seeing you cry" he began.

He took a deep and slow breathe before continuing, "I forgave you after you told me everything was going to be okay, I realized that you hadn't lost feelings for me and that you still cared"

"Matt, I always cared" I responded. He pulled my hand slowly up to his mouth and placed a warm kiss on it. I smiled at him.

I got up and leaned over the bed carefully, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. They were cold. I sat back down, yawning.

"I'm sorry for keeping you up" he whispered. "It's okay, as long as you're okay" I responded. He moved his body over slowly to one side of the bed.

"come lay with me, it's better than the chairs out there" he said. I took off my shoes and slowly cuddled up next to him.

He wrapped his arm around me. I listened to his heart beat as I looked up at him. He was staring down at me, smiling.

I smiled back up at him as he grabbed my chin and leaned in. I felt his lips get warmer as they met mine again. We looked at each other as turned he lights off.

"I'm glad to have my babygirl back in my arms"