Chapter 14

This wasn't suppose to happen. I looked at Matt who had a hurt look on his face, I couldn't say anything to him. I ran back on stage and sat down next to Cam.

Cam looked at me, confused. I felt my phone buzz. I looked down at my lap. It was a text from cam

Cam: u okay?

Yeah totally, just tired.

I looked back at the crowd who was now leaving, some girls trying to get last minute pics with the guys.

I was the first to leave and go to my room. A couple minutes later I heard a knock at the door.

"What do you want?" I groaned from underneath my pillow.

"Erin, it's me Taylor, I wanna talk" . I took a deep breathe and went to open the door. He walked in and I shut the door, laying in bed again.

"Erin what's wrong? You left before we asked if you wanted to come get some pizza with us." He said, sitting on the corner of the bed.

I sat up, trying to wipe some tears away. "Matt is what's wrong. I tried to tell him about how I felt today and found out he's dating my best friend who isn't my friend anymore because who the fuck dates their best friend's crush when they kno--"

I felt Tay's lips on mine, soft and warm. He leaned back. "Erin you talk a lot and that was the only way to shut you up. He may have never told you but Matt's been hitting this chick up since he met her in school. I didn't know you even knew her till now."

I looked at Tay, confused. "Tay why didn't you ever tell me?" He took a deep breathe, "because I didn't think it was that important plus I hate Matt, more than anything"

I looked down. This whole time, Casey and Matt had been texting but she never told me, did she? I tried to think of a time she even brought him up but I couldn't.

I thought back to the first week Matt had moved to our school and the way Casey was acting...THE WAY CASEY WAS ACTING!

I got it! That day at lunch she'd been acting sick but it wasn't because she felt but because she was jealous . She knew Matt would fall for me so she warmed up to him.

I looked at Tay who was looking at the view from my window. He looked amazing but he was here. Matt wasn't. This whole time, I'd thought Matt was the right one but he wasn't. It was Tay.

He looked back at me and smiled, I couldn't stop myself from smiling back. "I'm guessing you're better now" he asked, chuckling. I nodded.

"We should do something fun to get your mind off that dickhead" he said, taking my hands in his. "Like what? Plus I look like shit and I have to pack all my stuff so we can leave tomorrow morning"

"True. How about we go and get something to eat and come back to help you pack" . I nodded and got off the bed and walked to the mirror. I looked terrible. I had bags under my eyes and mascara everywhere.

I wiped off my make up and washed my face. I applied some eyeliner and some gloss and looked down at my clothes. I grabbed a pair of black shorts and a Magcon hoodie. I grabbed my red converse and put them on.

I walked with Tay down the hall. "So did everyone leave for pizza" I asked as we got to the elevator. "Yeah, they were hungry and wanted to go out one last night"

We went down to his car. As I jumped in I noticed that it was super clean. As weird as Tay was, he still was organized. We drove to a nearby Waffle House.

I ordered coffee and he ordered a Coke. We sat there quietly. He snickered. "What?" I asked, making him look up.

"Well I got a text from Bart saying that after all this drama, we should take a break. I told the guys this and they said the only who needs a break is Matt" he said, chuckling.

I laughed a little. I took a picture of Tay looking down at his phone, smiling. Click. He looked up and blushed, "Erin Grier, are you taking pictures of me?"

"Um no. I'm taking selfies." I said, pretending to take a selfie. "Without me?" He said, fake gasping. I laughed, "ugh fine, come here"

He laughed and came up next to me to take a selfie. We smiled. Click. "Hmm another one, that ones too basic" I laughed. I put my hand up again and took a selfie, and of course, Tay being Tay, kissed my cheek before I could say anything.

I blushed afterwards and began to head for the car. We got back to the hotel before the rest so I began packing, Tay helping me of course.

I had 3 bags and I had only 1 finished. I began packing my shoes in the 2nd. Tay was helping me pack something but at least he was helping.

I turned around and see him packing my underwear! "Tay! What are you doing?!" . He looked up and laughed. "I'm packing your panties" I burst out laughing and took them away from him.

"How about we stick with shirts only, okay?" An hour and a half later we finished and we're watching movies on Netflix.

"Erin, I'm sorry about today" he said, wrapping his arms around me. "It's okay Tay, I'm better now" I said, looking up at him.

"It's Matt's lost, you're so beautiful and amazing. You're also an independent woman and that's good" I smiled.

He took a deep breathe. "Erin?"
"Yeah?" I said, looking back at him. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled. He smiled back. "Yes Taylor yes!"

He smiled and kissed me, making me feel warm and special. I kissed back as I laid my head back on his chest and fell asleep.