Diary

suggested by shemuel99

~~~

"Doctor!" I yelled, my voice echoing back to me through the TARDIS console. After the past couple of days I was ready for some action. I enjoy the lazy days in the TARDIS, don't get me wrong. Days spent completely cuddling with the Doctor were perfect, but I was ready for something new. Something to get me running, something amazing.

The only response I got was the familiar background noise of the TARDIS, the soundtrack of the TARDIS the Doctor had jokingly called it. 

"Doctor?" I ask this time, heading back down the hallway to his room. Last week, I had gotten my face sucked into a television. To be honest, that was not the most fun I had had since I starting traveling with the Doctor but it was an adventure none the less. 

I was pretty sure that's why we hadn't done anything since then. He had been so shaken up about what happened, he had been afraid he had lost me for real this time. I saw the effect it had on him, not all of it was bad, but I could tell something was wrong.

"Doctor?" I asked again knocking on his door, it swings open at my touch. It's always different,  every time I come in here. Sometimes it looks like a mad man's lab, other days it looks like an hotel room with no permanent host. Today it's somewhere in between. 

Again, no one answers me. I walk farther into his room thinking he's maybe in the bathroom, but again no luck. 

I open my mouth to yell for him again when I trip over a hastily stacked pile of books. "Dang it," I curse to myself, trying to re-stack the books. Suddenly I'm wishing the room was more hotel like today.

There's probably eleven books all together and they're massive, each on of them. And they all have their own number on them, except for one which has been scribbled on and the number crossed out. My curiosity is spiked. I pull the one closest to me into my lap, it has the number four on it. 

I'm flipping through the pages when a picture falls out, underneath the picture is the caption Sarah Jane.

I gawk at the picture of the women who I had met several months ago, it's stunning. In the picture she looks closer to my age, in the back of mind I wonder how old she was in the picture. Even though the Doctor reminds me all the time about his age, sometimes I can't help but forget. He's gorgeous, nothing about him screams almost a thousand years old.  I put the picture back in its spot and keep flipping through.

Another picture popped out, this time it was labeled Romana. 

I'd never even heard of her and suddenly I remember what I had asked the Doctor when we had met Sarah Jane

"I've been to the year five million, but this, this is really seeing the future- you just leave us behind! Is that what you're going to do to me?"

"No." he had answered immediately. "Not you."

An ache settles deep in my chest as I continue flipping through the stories and occasional faces.

"Rose?" I whip my head and slam the book shut, I feel blush spread across my cheeks. "What are you doing?"

"I um, tripped, and the picture feel out and um-" I stammered feeling caught.

The Doctor sighed and sat down in front of me, gently pulling the book out of my hands and opening it himself. He didn't seem angry, like I expected, instead he only seems sad.

"Do you remember when I asked you if I was just going to become another person you just leave behind? Is this what I'm going to become, a picture in your book?"

He winced at my words, but continued starring at one of the pictures on the page.

"Rose," he whispered closing the book. "I've lost so many people, so many friends. I won't die, even if we get travel together for 100 years, I won't have changed. You get forever with me, but I'll never have forever with you."

The emotion in his voice positively broke me. 

"These people aren't just pictures or people I left behind, they're picture of the friends I can't see anymore. There memories when my mind fails me."

I scooted over closer to him and wrapped my arm through his.

"I never want to have to put your picture in this book," he says pulling me closer to him. " I love you, and I don't think that will ever change... Please don't make me have to put your picture in here. I almost lost you once this week, I don't think I could handle something like that again. Promise me you won't."

I feel his heart beating against my chest as I make a promise I know I can never keep, "I promise."

~~~

this isn't my best, I've had a really long week of midterms, so I've been fairly stressed. 

BUT, (this is huge guys)... I'M MEETING KAREN GILLIAN TOMORROW! I'm so freaking excited! AHH!