Homework

Guys! I'm really proud of this, so please let me know what you think, I worked really hard and I absolutely love this story!

~~~

The groaning of the TARDIS always brought hope wherever it went, to who ever heard it. And the first time the TARDIS materialized at the Powell Estates was no different.

-

It was nineteen ninety-five, and seven year old Rose Tyler was failing her first year math class. "Mum!" She cried. "I can't do it, every time I try the other kids laugh at me."

Her lower lip trembled at the thought of having to try those problems again. Jackie walked over and tried to help her, but nothing seemed to work. "Rose, just one more, please," she pleaded.

"Mum! I just can't. Look I'm terrible." Rose looked down at her shoes, her golden hair falling into her eyes. I'm just a disappointment. She thought to herself. If her dad were there, Rose was sure everything would be better. Sometimes late at night she could hear her mother crying for him.

"Never say that, Rose Marion Tyler!" Jackie said sternly. "You are a lot of things but you are not terrible!" She sighed and kissed Rose's forehead. "We will try again tomorrow, okay? I have to go to work. Eady is sick, so I have another person coming."

Rose rolled her eyes, but was still thankful. She hated Eadyn, whoever was her replacement was couldn't be as bad as Eady. Eady usually spent her time watching the telly or using our phone. Most times both.

"Who is it?"

"His name is John Smith. Eady recommended him, I've never met him but she says he is nice!" Jackie tried to sound enthusiastic. She had only picked him because she was desperate and didn't want to leave her seven year old home all alone. The Powell Estates were no Buckingham Place.

"He better hurry, I have to be at the shop soon." She muttered, and no sooner had she spoke did the doorbell ring. "Oh hello! I'm Jackie, Rose is in there. I'm sorry I don't have time to really talk, John, right."

"Yes! You're so young!" The young man gawked like he had known her longer than the thirty seconds they had just spent together. "Oh, er- you don't have to worry about a thing. Anything I can help out with?"

Jackie looked him up and down, he seemed harmless. But completely ridiculous with a bow tie and suspenders. No time to send him away now. "Her homework! I'll be home by eleven!"

"Eleven's good. Eleven's great, cool! Bye now!" John Smith said waving as he closed the door. With one last quirk of the eyebrow, Jackie rushed off.

"Rose?" He called. The Doctor strolled down the hall pausing at the pictures. There were more up than he had ever seen. Two year old Rose eating a birthday cake, infant Rose being held by her father and so many pictures of Pete and Jackie.

Rose's room was more pink now, and surprisingly less messy. But even being in her home made his hearts skip a little faster. He would lay on that bed regenerating. And he would drink tea over there. And in twenty years, this place would be empty. The residents believed to be dead.

"You're weird, you know." Rose said from behind him. The Doctor smiled from ear to ear.

"But weird is cool, right?" He asked.

Rose looked him up and down, he couldn't help but smile. All their adventures, their friendship, their love- was all ahead of her.

"Very cool," she smiled toothily. "Do you want to go play with me?"

"I do very much so, but someone told me you need help with your homework." He tapped her nose and straightened his bow tie. "And I know someone who can help you."