Chapter 23

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE!

Don't forget to vote :).

P.S: important A/N if you're intrested in having a place in my upcoming new fanfic.

----------------------------

I starred at Liara's eyes. They turned back to their usual red color. Any hope I had for her, had disappeared. It seemed that no matter how hard I try to get her back to her old self, I'll never succeed. What caught my attention was that she was starring wide-eyed at Leonardo, and Leonardo was doing the same. I couldn't see Leonardo's expression, but I had a feeling that his copied Liara's. I looked between them, slightly confused. 'Maybe he had an encounter with her before, but didn't know that she was Liara' I thought. 'Actually no, the eyes are enough proof that she's Liara'.

Simon decided to speak and break the uncomfortable silence. "Liara, I introduce you to Leonardo Willows, the best fighter and soilder I've ever known, he's here with us today to help us out, although he stopped going through wars along time ago. Leonardo, this is Liara Honal, I'm sure you've heard of her".

"Only the bad things" he answered, still starring at her. "But I'm hoping to change that".

It looked like Liara snapped out of whatever trance of thoughts she was in. "It's not time for that kind of things, my first priority is to protect my sister... and nothing else" she spoke, too harshly.

She held her head high, too high for how she normally held it. Leonardo frowned at her, making her frown at him. I could swear that they were having a glare-down, but Niall broke it before they could continue.

"What's wrong with you two?" Niall asked, confusion filled his voice.

Liara snapped her head towards Niall. "Did you forget our deal? I thought I made it clear that I wanted my mate dead! And you agreed to do it!" She growled at him.

"I never forgot the deal!" Niall shouted at her. I noticed that Leonardo took a step forward. "But what that has to do with this?!"

"Then why" she growled, then paused. She breathed in deeply. "Why is my mate standing right in front of me?" She calmly asked.

Gasps were heard, including mine. I looked between them, not quiet sure if I should believe it this time. I looked at Niall, to see him covering his mouth and his shoulders were shaking. I supposed that he was laughing due to the playful gleam in his eyes. I wondered why would he laugh. 'It kinda reminds me of us, when we first met' Niall spoke. I recalled our first encounter. I chuckled quietly, but I couldn't hold it any longer, so I brusted out laughing, making Niall lose it too. All what you could hear was the sound of  our laughs along with the distant sound of others talking. I glanced at Simon, to see him struggling to hide his smile. I laughed harder, because he looked so funny trying to purse his lips. My eyes went back to Liara and Leonardo, causing my laughter to die down. My laughter turned to light chuckles, then to nothing.

"What's so funny?" They both asked at the same time. Then, they glared at each other.

Liara pointed her finger at Leonardo. "We never met" she stated that. "We never saw each other".

"Sorry, Love" he apologized, but it didn't sound so sincere. "Can't deny it" he then looked at Simon and nodded at him. "I'll be with the other soldiers" he paused, then glanced at Liara. "If I was needed".

He turned around and left. Liara directed her pointed gaze towards Niall. "It's your fault! Fix it!" She calmly demanded. Then, walked away.

"God, help me" Simon muttered. "Excuse me kids, I'm going to welcome the Angel's king".