A new chapter

(Elizabeth's POV)

I walk around California with my friends. We are laughing and playing around. I am wearing a tank top and some shorts. Lacey shirt and shorts. And some rainbow flip flops. My phone rings and I look it. My mom text me. It reads: honey come home your father and I have something to discuss with you.

I shake my head and say bye to my friends and told them I would see them later. I take off home. I get to my house in about ten minutes. I walk through the front door my book bag that I took around for snacks and crap around town, hanging over one shoulder.

"Hey mom I'm home!" I walk into the kitchen. No one. I walk in the dinning room still no one. I walk to the living room and my dad and mom is on the couch.

"Hey honey. Your father and I have something to tell you. And it's good news."

"Really!? Like?" I look at my parents my dad the first to answer.

"The marines, they have given me a higher rank. I'm.. I mean we're moving!"

I shake my head and raise an eyebrow and look at them. I hope it's not far from here. I think in my head. I look at my parents.

"And where are we moving to?"

"The mountains, technically."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask my father looking at him. This can't be good. This will probably be like next state! Great.

"He means some where cold."

"No mom I mean where! State country county! What!?"

"Russia."

I hear my father speak but I don't think I'm hearing him right.

"W-what? Please tell me I heard you right! Did you say russia!"

"Yes. We will be moving this upcoming week."

"What! No that's not-"

"Elizabeth Alana Swanson we didn't studded and your going! So no fucking protesting! Understand!"

"Yes sir..." I walk away and upstairs to my room. It's an attic bedroom with a bathroom. I walk to my bathroom and fall into tears. I've lived here in sweet Cali all for a couple years. I don't want to leave my friends, my school, my home. Yes I consider this home. Everyone here is nice and love me. But not just that but understand me. I love it here, nice warmth and sunny days. Good surfing weather. What do they have in Russia? They have ice and stupid snow. I hate the cold.

I sit on my bathroom floor in tears blaring music in my room. Linkin park And evanescence mixture. They probably don't even have good music. Probably just crapy folk shit. Ugh! I hate moving! I pick up my phone and dial my best friends number. While its ringing I stand an look at my tan skin and brown hair over my tan shoulders. I look at my red puffy eyes. My eye color is a brownish red. I love my eye color, my light hazily hair color and my tan skin.

I put my phone on speaker and set it on the counter. My friend Sam picks up.

"Hey Liz what's up? Why did ya have to leave chick?"

I tell Sam everything about the moving and Russia and my fears and all that. She assures me that it will be a fun experience. Snowboarding, hiking, the new culture and much more. I laugh as she tries to do a Russian accent. She makes me feel better when I'm down. Always, even when I first met her.

I hang up the phone after two hours on the phone with her. I look at my clock and it's nine o'clock and I yawn. Usually I'm so not tired on a summer night like this but I have cried and laughed and ran around all day. I change into some night cloths. A pair of sweats and a tank top. I turn on my lamp sit on my bed grab my journal and start writing.

I have a journal because of all my problems in the past. I get done in a hour of writing and then I lay down and fall to sleep dreaming about the move in a week.