Chapter 39

Anna

"Isaiah honey how do you feel?" Isaiah's mother asked him.

"Sleepy." He mumbled. "Where Anna? I wanna just sleep more." He whined.

"Oh dear." Diane, his mother, said softly.

She grabbed the thermometer from the bathroom and came back.

"Open your mouth." She demanded gently.

He obeyed, still not with it totally.

When it beeped, she took it out of his mouth and showed it i me after looking at it with concern.

It said 102.4.

"Oh, poor baby." I said, deeply concerned as he coughed, rolling over.

"Would you like to call the doctor to come deal with him? He is quite whinny when he's sick." Diane said, chuckling at Isaiah.

"No, I've got it covered." I said, smiling at her gratefully. She nodded and headed out if the room.

I sighed, looking over at Isaiah's sleeping figure and smiled lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe, I'm serious, stay in bed!" I demanded again as I pushed on his shoulders.

"I'm fine Anna!" He shot back, still fighting me, and winning.

"I will go get your mother." I threatened.

He froze and his body tensed up.

"That's what I thought. Now, sit. Im going to get you some soup, and when I come back, God so help you if your ass is out of that bed." I said, throwing in the last bit for a little extra reassurance that he would stay put.

He groaned but laid back down. I smiled in triumph as I walked down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen to see Lexie with her back to me.

"Hey Lexie!" I greeted.

She jumped and turned around, revealing her tear stained cheeks.

"Oh my god! Honey, whats wrong?" I asked, running over to her.

She just let out a sob and collapsed into my arms.

"He...I... We.." She hiccuped out, trying I talk between sobs and hiccups.

"Shh. It's okay Lex, just calm down and tell me what happened." I said, soothing her as I led her into the living room to sit on a couch.

"I... Jasper and I were at this bar last night and I went home earlier than he did and.." She stopped, sobbing softly again.

"I came to his house this morning with some tea, knowing he was hungover and instead of Jasper... A bimbo in Jasper's shirt opened the door." She managed to he out before breaking into sobs again.

My anger flared inside me.

"Lexie, come with me." I said, trying to keep my voice calm and soothing.

I helped her stand and supported her as we went up the stairs to Isaiah and I's room.

As we walked in, Isaiah was out cold, just as I had expected.

"Here, lay with your brother until I get back." I said gently. She nodded and curled up in Isaiah's arms.

I grabbed my keys and phone before heading out the door.

Before I got outside I called Damian.

"Yes bebe?" He answered in his normal happy tone.

"I need your help. Meet me at Jasper's house in 5. Im gonna need some backup."