Chapter 19

Anna

I heard voices, but they seemed far, distant.

I did hear a slow, high pitched beeping and wished with all my power I could turn it off.

Then, the voices became clear.

"What the hell do you mean my fault!" A voce I didn't recognize demanded.

"Not once did you think, 'Oh, maybe we should, ya know, go FUCKING GET THEM?!" Isaiah shouted.

"Hey, your not the only one who cares about her! Shes my baby sister dammit!!!" The man answered.

'Are they talking about me?' But that isn't possible. All I have is Ella.

"I was fucking 12 when she was taken. Her and Ella. She was ripped from my hands!"

'What the heck is happening?'

I struggled to listen more but all that happened was a strangled, soft moan escaped my lips before I faded out again.

~~~~~

I woke up, this time to silence except the sound of soft snoring next to me. I slowly peeled my eyes opened but shielded them because of the harsh light in the room

When the adjusted, I looked over and giggled. Isaiah was in the chair next to the bed I was in and sound asleep. My laughing stopped when I got a good look at his face. He had huge bags under his eyes and his hair was messed up as if he had run his hands through it a million times. His lips were out in a small pout and his hand was gently places on my stomach, as if afraid I'd get up and run.

With the way my head was pounding, that was NOT happening.

I jumped when the doctor came in. I pointed to Isaiah an motioned to be quiet. He smiled and nodded.

"How are you feeling miss?" He whispered as he came to my side. I smiled.

"Im good. I have one killer headache though. "

The doctor nodded and handed me some pills.

"Can I go home today?" I asked.

The doctor smiled and nodded before leaving the room.

I carefully mover my feet over the side of the bed as stood, holding onto the bed for support.

I slowly moved and climbed into Isaiah's lap.

He adjusted and cuddled me close. I giggled and just sat there. He looked peaceful, almost childish.

I slowly took his face in my hands and kissed his nose.

"Isaiah." I whispered.

He moaned and complaint and turned his head away from me, burying it inside the back of the chair.

I laughed and tried to bring his face out.

"Isaiah honey, you have to wake up."

"Nooo..." He whined. He pulled me close to him and sighed, obviously back asleep as he continued to snore softly.

"Isaiah, c'mon. Get up. I wanna go home." I whined.

He finally opened his eyes groggily.

"Wha-"

I giggled. His eyes fell on me and he smiled. He sat up to where I was straddling him in the chair and smiled sleepily at me.

"Hello beautiful." He whispered. I giggled and blushed, looking away.

He picked me up bridal style and we walked back to his room.

"I can walk." I whined.

"I know." He said smirking at me.

We got up and I jumped down and got in the bed, hiding under the covers. I heard him chuckle, but decided to stay hidden.

"Wanna watch a movie, Love?" He asked me. I gasped, shooting out of the covers and nodded.

I ran over to the movies. I gasped when I saw a collection of Disney movies.

"This one." I said, handing his the movie.

He groaned and I glared at him.

"Nemo, REALLY?" He asked. I nodded eagerly.

I heard him mutter something along the lines of 'your lucky I love you.' As he put the movie in.