Chapter 20

I woke up next to a sleeping Laura. I got up quietly so I wouldn't wake her. I walked down the stairs to see everyone in the living room talking. Luckily everyone was also in their pjs so I didn't have to worry about changing.

I sat next to Nathan, he put his arm around me. "Have a good sleep?" He asked. "Yup", I said before kissing his cheek. "Want to go make me some tea?" I asked. He looked at me funny. I laughed. "I'm kidding. I'll be right back I'm going to go make some", I said getting up.

I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. Once the water was boiled I poured it into a tea mug. I put the tea bag into the cup and waited. After it was done I took the bag out and put it in the garbage.

I walked into the living room and sat next to Nathan. "Oi that's my tea mug!" Nathan whined. "Aw poor baby", I said with a pout. He took my tea out of my hands and took a sip. "Hey that's mine! Get your own Sykes", I said. Everyone started laughing.

He stole my tea and made a run for it. "Get back here you shit!" I yelled running after him. I chased him around the living room and finally got him cornered. I took my tea out of his hands. We both sat back down on the couch.

"Didn't this happen before?" Jess asked. "It did", Karen said with a laugh. "Yup because Nath is a tea stealer", I said poking him. I snuggled up to him, he kissed my head. I heard crying coming from upstairs. I worriedly got up and ran up the stairs. I opened the door to see Laura crying on the bed.

I pulled her into a hug. "Shh, it's alright sweetheart", I cooed. "I woke up and you weren't here mummy. I got scared", she said. "I'm here baby girl it's ok", I said before kissing her head. I picked her up and brought her downstairs.

I sat down next to Nathan. Laura sat on my lap and snuggled up to me. Nathan kissed Laura's head. "Have a good sleep princess?" He asked. She nodded. She snuffled and crawled up on Nathan's lap.

"I love you daddy", she said. "I love you too princess", he said before kissing her little head. I saw Karen smile from the across the room. Laura's stomach gurgled. "Sounds like someone's hungry", Karen said with a laugh.

Laura giggled. "I guess I better go make breakfast then", Karen said with a smile. "I'll help", my mom said. They got up and walked into the kitchen. "So am I going to see this house today?" I asked Nathan. "Maybe", Nathan said with a wink.

"You two bought a house?" My dad asked. "No, Nathan said that he moved into it a few years ago but I haven't seen it", I said. "Oh", my dad said. I mentally face palmed. "I forgot to tell you that I'm moving in with Nathan", I said.

"What about your house back in Vancouver?" My dad asked. "It was rented. I just told the landlord and moved out", I said. "Oh, I didn't know all the details", my dad said with a laugh.

"Breakfast is ready", Karen said walking into the living room. We all got up and walked into the kitchen. Yet again Karen's food was amazing. My mom and Karen were discussing their jobs. After we ate we all went to our rooms to get changed.

I had a shower and dried my hair. I forgot to pick out clothes before so I had to walk out in only a towel. Luckily Nathan has a private bathroom in his old room. I walked over to my suitcase and Nathan wolf whistled.

I looked at him funny, he smirked. I brushed it off and got my clothes out. I picked out a pair of red skinny jeans and a white and black striped top. I walked back into the washroom and pulled them on. I put on some makeup.

I then walked out of the washroom to see Laura in her polkadot dress. I picked her up. "Daddy helped me", she said. "He did?" I asked. "Yes mummy", she said. I kissed her nose making her giggle. "You look pretty", I said.