Chapter 17

--Alice's P.O.V--

~three years later~

I walked down the streets of Vancouver with Laura beside me. I looked in a shop window to admire the clothes they had on sale. I turned around and Laura was gone. I spotted her running down the street. I ran after her. A woman stopped her and picked her up. She was with a group of other people. I walked closer and my eyes widened.

"Alice?!" Sarah said. "Hi", I said. She engulfed me in a bear hug. "I missed you so much", she said. "I missed you too", I said. We pulled apart. "Laura, you can't run off like that", I said picking her up. I noticed there was a little boy clung to Jay's leg. He had Jay's blue eyes and Sarah's auburn hair. "This is Jacob Andrew McGuiness", she said picking the little boy up.

I smiled. "This is Laura Rose Sykes", I said. "Mummy are we going home soon?" she asked. "Soon sweetheart", I said. She leaned her head in my shoulder. "She looks just like you Nath", Siva said. "Yea, she does", I agreed. Nathan walked up from behind Tom and Kelsey.

"Laura, this is your daddy", I said putting her down. She ran up and hugged him. I smiled. "Hi", she said. "Hi Laura", he said grinning. "You talk funny daddy", she said. I laughed. "It's a British accent hun", I said.

--Nathan's P.O.V--

Laura did look a lot like me. She had my eyes and my nose. She had Alice's hair and her full lips. I smiled as she hugged me. I finally got to meet my little girl, I was finally a dad.

--Alice's P.O.V--

"Can we talk?" Nathan asked me. I nodded. We walked into an alley. "I'm sorry Alice. I can't stop thinking about you. I love you more than anything. Please I'll do anything to call you mine again", Nathan said. I looked at the ground. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left, maybe we could have worked things out", I said.

"Will you forgive me?" He asked. "I forgive you", I said. I hugged him. "I love you Alice", Nathan said. "I love you too", I said. We kissed, it was the perfect moment. My life was now complete. "You're still wearing your promise ring", Nathan said looking down at my hand. "I never took it off", I said. He kissed me.

We walked out of the alley hand in hand. Everyone cheered and hugged us. Laura tripped over the curb and fell over. She started crying. I picked her up. "It's ok sweetheart", I cooed. I kissed her head. A few minutes later she stopped crying. She leaned her little head on my shoulder. "Mum can we do something I'm bored", Jacob said to Sarah.

I laughed, he was just like Jay. "Father like son", I said with a laugh. "He's a little troublemaker", Sarah said picking him up. He giggled. "Just like his dad", Max said. "Yup", Sarah agreed. I handed Nath Laura. She put her head on his shoulder and yawned.

"Someone's tired", I said. "Mummy can we go home now. I'm sleepy", she said, her eyes slowly closing. "Yes, sweetheart we can go home now", I said. We all walked back to my house. It was a small house but big enough to accommodate me and Laura.

Everyone walked in the living room. Nath handed me Laura. I brought her into her room and tucked her in. I kissed her head. "Love you princess", I said. "Love you too mummy. Can you sing to me?", she asked. "Alright", I said.

I sang one of the lullabies my mom used to sing to me when I was little. By the time I was done she was fast asleep. I got up from Laura's bed to see Nathan standing at the door. "How long were you there?" I asked. "The whole time", he said.

"Oh", I replied. "You're a really good mum", he said. We walked out of Laura's room. I shut the door behind us. "Thanks", I said. We walked into the living room. Everyone came up and hugged me. "Don't make me cry guys", I said.

"We missed you soooooo much!" Tom said giving me a hug. "I missed you all too", I said sighing. "I'm thirsty", Jacob said. "I have juice in the fridge", I said. "Just get him whatever he'll drink just about anything", Sarah said with a laugh.

I walked into the kitchen and got Jacob some apple juice. I walked back in the living room and handed it to him. "Thank you", he said. "No problem buddy", I said. He was so cute.

I sat down next to Nathan. "Soo", I said trying to make conversation. "When was Laura born?" Sarah asked. "December 28th at 12:45am", I said. Jacob was fast asleep on Jay's lap, it was the cutest thing ever. "Jacob was born on the 22nd at 2:03am", she said.

"Jay almost passed out", she said with a laugh. I started laughing. "Jay you're such a sissy", I said. "Hey! Well at least I didn't", he said. "You weren't even the one that had to give birth!" Sarah said. I started laughing.

~30 minutes later~

A half asleep Laura emerged from her room. She sat on my lap, I kissed her head. "Have a good nap?" I asked. She nodded. "I'm bored", Jacob whined. "You and Laura can go play out in the back if you want", I said. "Ok", he said getting off Jay's lap. "I'll go out with them", Nathan said.

"I'll come too", Jay said getting up. "Oh Nath there's a football in Laura's room", I said. He looked at me. "My dad got it for her as soon as she could walk", I said. He smiled and went to retrieve the ball.

"Laura is the cutest thing ever", Kelsey said. I smiled.

--Nathan's P.O.V--

I got the football out of Laura's room. I smiled seeing that it had the Man United symbol on it. I walked outside to see Jay, Laura, and Jacob waiting for me. Laura ran up and hugged my leg. "I love you daddy", she said. I grinned. "Love you too princess", I said picking her up. She giggled.

Obviously the two three year olds didn't know how to play football so we just kicked the ball around. Laura fell over and started crying. I didn't really know what to do. I picked her up. "Shh, it's ok", I cooed trying to get her to calm down.

She sniffled and looked at me. "My knee hurts daddy", she said. "Let's go inside then", I said. Jay and Jacob stayed outside. I brought a sniffling Laura inside. I put Laura down and she walked into the living room.

"What happened sweetheart?" Alice asked. "My knee hurts mummy", she said walking over to her. Laura scooped her up and set her in her lap. She kissed her head. "It's ok sweetie", she cooed. Alice was a really good mum.

I love both of them more than anything. I think I'm going to propose to Alice soon I just need to get a ring and find out how and when I'm going to do it.

______________________________

I love this chapter :3 it gave me the feels just writing it :') lol hope you liked it! :D

-Emily xx