Chapter 1

"Come on Alice the taxi is waiting!" Sarah called. "One sec", I said putting some eye liner and mascara to make my green eyes stand out. I then walked out of my room to see Sarah waiting for me.

Sarah is my best friend, and roommate, were going to a club for my 19th birthday.

"You're slow", Sarah whined. "Sorry", I said grabbing my keys off the kitchen counter.

I live in a small apartment in Ottawa, Canada. My building is a little run down compared to some of the buildings here.

I can't afford a posh one. I am currently studying to be a music teacher.

I followed Sarah down the stairs. I could hear the swish of my dark blue dress, and the click of my black pumps as I walked.

Sarah was wearing a green dress and nude pumps, the dress looked great with her auburn hair.

It was windy outside so I had to hold down my mousy brown hair from whipping around.

We got into the taxi and told the driver where we were going. I checked my phone it was already 10:30. I honestly didn't think I took that long getting ready, no wonder Sarah was getting impatient.

We got to the club. It was swarming with people. It was filled with people dancing, and it reeked of alcohol. We both went up to the bar to get ourselves drinks. I got a beer, so did Sarah.

This was my first time drinking, because I was never legal until today. I was a goody-goody I would never drink until I was legal.

I never got in trouble at school. My parents never yelled at me. If anything I was spoiled. I was an only child, so my parents spoiled me rotten.

Sarah and I sat down at a table. Today we weren't just here to drink, we were here to look for guys.

Sarah pointed to a guy with a bunch of other people.

I saw a tall thin guy with dark hair, his arm was around a pretty girl with dark hair and mocha skin.

I saw a bald guy who appeared to be drunk, a guy with curly hair was talking to him, he appeared to be drunk too.

I saw a guy with brown hair kissing a girl with pretty blonde hair. They both appeared to be drunk.

Last I saw a guy with brown hair and green eyes. He was looking at me. I turned away hoping he didn't see me looking at him.

The guy with curly hair noticed him looking at me. They started talking. The guy with curly hair dragged him towards Sarah and I.

"Hello ladies", the curly haired guy slurred. "Hello", I said awkwardly. I was always awkward Sarah always joked about it.

"Little Nath here would like to talk to you", the curly haired guy said to me. I smiled and told them to take a seat.

"What are your names?", I asked awkwardly. "I'm Nathan and this is Jay", Nathan said, "What are your names?".

"I'm Alice", I said flashing him a smile. "I'm Sarah", Sarah said smiling at them both.

"So how old are you two?" Sarah asked. "I'm 20 and Jay here is 23", Nathan said awkwardly. "Cool, were both nineteen", Sarah said. "Cool", Nathan and Jay chorused.

"Umm sooo Alice I was wondering if I could have your number", Nathan asked. "Course", I said flashing him a huge grin.

He handed me his phone. I typed in my name as a contact. I typed in 'Alice Gold' and my number. I couldn't believe how many contacts he had.

I handed him back the phone. "So where you guys from? I can tell you both aren't from around here, with your accents and all", I said.

"Were from the UK", Nathan said. "That's so cool!" I said, "I've always wanted to go there"

I looked at them both. I recognized them, but I didn't know how. I noticed I saw their music video on tv once. They were in The Wanted.

"Are you guys in The Wanted?" I asked. "Ya", they both said. "Your not going to fangirl on us are you?" Jay said with a drunken laugh.

"No, you wish", I said laughing, "I just recognized you both, I watch music videos on Much Music a lot"

"You like music?" Nathan asked me. "Like isn't even the proper word to describe it", I said, "music is like my entire life."

"She's studying to be a music teacher", Sarah told Nathan. "That's wicked! What kind of instruments do you like to play?" Nathan asked me. "I love the piano", I said. "Me too", he said with a grin.

"Cool", I said. I noticed Sarah and Jay walk off to talk in private. "What kind of things are you into?" I asked him. "I love football", Nathan said, "I think you call it soccer here"

"Ya, my dad loves it", I said, "what's your favourite team?" "Manchester United", he said grinning proudly. "That's my dads favourite team too", I said. "Wicked", he said.

I looked over Nathan's shoulder and saw Sarah and Jay making out. I looked away; I didn't need to see that.

I turned back to Nathan he looked behind him. "Jay's just drunk, he's not usually like this", Nathan said.

I nodded.

"Do you want me to buy you another drink?" Nathan asked me. "No I'd prefer not to get drunk on my first night being able to drink", I said.

"It's your birthday today?" Nathan asked. I nodded. "Yup", I said with a smile.

"Happy birthday", Nathan said. "Thanks", I said with a smile.

Can't Hold Us by Maklemore and Ryan Lewis, featuring Ray Dalton came on.

I loved it, it was like my favourite song at the time. Nathan asked it I would like to dance. I nodded.

We got on the dance floor. We started yelling the words and acting like idiots.

I liked Nathan. For a famous person he acted normal. Like a real guy.

Once the song ended we sat back down.

--Nathan's P.O.V--  

I looked at my watch. It was 2:00 am. "Shit", I mumbled. "What's wrong?" Alice asked.

I looked at her. She had green eyes like me, but a lot brighter. Her hair glistened from the flashing lights in the club.

"Oh we have a radio interview in the mourning", I said. "Oh does that mean you have to leave?" Alice asked.

"Ya, I'm sorry. Maybe we could go out sometime soon?" I said, "because we have to go back to the UK in three weeks."

"Ya", Alice said. I smiled at her. She treated me like I was just a normal guy, that's why I liked her.

"Great I'll text you", I said getting up. Kev rounded up everyone. He had to pretty much carry Max out of the club.

"Nath are you the only only one not drunk?" Kev said. "I was talking to Alice and she wasn't drinking a lot so I didn't", I said.

"Who's Alice?" Tom slurred. "A girl", I said. "Ooh Naths gotta girlfriend", Tom slurred. "She's not my girlfriend", I said brushing them off.