CHaPTeR THRee

Both of us jumped to our feets and used hand signals to tell each other the plan. I would open the door, in case it was a civilian, and Jules would hide behind the door, with our guns ready just in case it was someone who wanted to take revenge on us or something.

I knew it sounded funny that some teenage girls were scared of someone ringing our bell, but because of years of rigorous training, it had been etched in both our brains that anything could be a threat.

So, when I cautiously opened the door, with Jules on the the ready, I came face to face with a very formal looking woman in a dark grey suit. Her hair was pinned up in a french bun and her stance screamed 'business'.

"Ms. Quianna Rose?"

I did not reply and raised an eyebrow at her. She smiled and said, "I take that as a yes." She put her hand into the inside pocket of her purse. I quickly snatched a gun from Jules' hand and pointed it to her forehead. The lady saw this and said,"relax... I was just taking my business card. But I must say that I am very impressed by your speed and agility. This makes me trust this decision even more"

She handed out her card to me which said that her name was Ms. Mary Johnson and that she was the PA of Mr. Anthony Fernandes, CEO of Fernandes and Sons Co.

By now, Jules had joined me and she had read the card too. Both of us looked at the woman.... Mary, confusion in both our minds.

She smiled again. "Mr. Fernandes wishes that you work with him and is willing to pay well,"

I opened my mouth to decline the offer immediately but she stopped me "and before you say anything, Mr. Fernades would like to meet you personally to talk about this deal, but he will come only if you want to."

She pointed her finger towards a sleek black car waiting just outside my driveway. When we looked at it, the window was rolled down and I saw a very professional looking man, maybe in his later forties sitting in it. He was wearing a grey suit and his salt and pepper hair was combed back to complete perfection.

I looked at Mary and thought for a second and said," I will meet him but not at home. Tell him to be at the Central park at four in the evening and we'll be there."

Mary nodded her head as if understanding completely before extending her right hand towards me. We shook our hands and she left.

After closing the door, I stood there confused. "Well, that was strange."

Jules simply nodded at me.

.
.
.
Pweeese like and comment!!!•°•