Chapter 28

We were all siting at a small circular table in the middle of the popular restaurant. It was fancier than most places I have been to. I sat next to Rosie and her mum with her dad across from me. Everyone was silent not knowing what to say.

Awkward didn't even begin to describe this situation.

We had already order and I had gotten this chicken with vegetable trying to be simple. Rosie had gotten steak and pasta. And Rosie's parents both got steak.

Rosie was trying her best to start conversation, but nothing was woking out.

I was praying the food to come soon so there was an excuse for not talking. But unfortunately we had just order I knew it would be already 20 minutes until our food came.

I silent to the chatter of other groups and wished that I could get along with Rosie's parents, but they don't like me and I know that.

"So I'm happy to go to university," Rosie finally said smiling. Her parents faces lit up obviously proud of their daughter.

"Harry what are you plans for university?" Mr. Chase asked me with a sour expression. I turned to him afraid to make eye contact.

"Um sir, I'm didn't apply to go anywhere," I told him trying to sound as smooth as possible even though I was shaking inside.

"Rosie how can you still like this boy?! He has no future!" Rosie's dad exclaimed looking at Rosie, but pointing his finger in my direction.

I knew this would happen.

"Dad!" Rosie yelled catching the attention of many people in the crowded restaurant.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled getting upset.

"He has nothing to offer. He won't be able to hold a job! He isn't going to get an education! He is nothing but trouble! He is going to ruin you!" Rosie father shouted.

By now everyone around us was watching and I was leaning farther and farther back into my seat.

"Charles calm down," Rosie's mum told her husband putting her hand on his shoulder.

"We're leaving," Rosie snapped grabbing my wrist and pulling me up from the table.

"What?" I asked.

"Please let's go. Take me anywhere, anywhere but here," she begged.

I nodded and we exited through the door of the restaurant. We were walking to my car when Rosie stopped me.

"Im so sorry. My dad is a dick. This is all my fault," she babbled, but I stopped her.

"Your fault? Rosie you've done nothing wrong. You never do. It's all my fault," I told her looking starlight into her eyes.

"No, my dad-"

"Your dad is right."

"What?!"

"Your dad is right. What do I have to offer you? I'm a failure. You deserve so much better," I told her taking a big breath,"that's why, why I'm letting you go. All I do is cause trouble."

"Harry no!" Rosie cried out hugging me tight.

"Rosie this if for the better. I'll disappear and you'll have a better life."

"No, Harry I love you!" She told me tears forming me in her eyes. I heard her whisper slightly, "You're all I need."

"Rosie," I told pulling her off of me and looking back down at her," I love you and that's why I'm doing this."

Rosie was crying and my heart was breaking. This literally was the hardest thing to do. Rosie was the only one that ever cared. She showed me how to be happy again. She made me life good again, but I'll did was tear her's apart.

I leaned in a kissed her lips as gently has possible savoring every moment. I pulled away slowly.

"Goodbye."

Oh no! What do you think? What's gonna happen to Rosie and Harry? What is Harry gonna do? Comment and vote! Love you :)