Chapter 8

"Steady, steady. I've got you. Plus you can't really go anywhere," Harry told me. He had one hand holding mine and the other on my shoulder.

"I'm just a little shaky."

"It's fine."

"So now just push off the ground with your right foot and then put your right foot back on the board. Just go straight for now and don't push too hard, so you don't go very far."

I gave Harry a little nod before Harry let go of me. I instantly vulnerable without Harry's protection. I didn't want to get hurt or make a fool of myself. Harry seemed like he knew what he was doing and me not knowing anything, I just didn't to look stupid.

I hesitantly pushed of the ground twice before gliding down the sidewalk. I didn't go far before I jumped off the board and picked up the skateboard.

"That was great," Harry told me with a smile.

"Another smile," I grinned. Every time Harry smiled, I would point it out telling him. Then he would put his head down and smile more.

"To be able to turn you have to shift you weight. Here I'll show you."

Harry took the board from my hands and set it on the ground. He step on and with one push he was off. He leaned to the right going onto the street. He made a circle and pushed himself back over to me.

"I don't expect you to do that. I'll walk you through it."

I got back on the board keeping my balance. Harry help my hand and shoulder again guiding me down the sidewalk. He was gentle with me. It was really sweet.

"Okay now turn to go into the street," Harry instructed. I did my best to turn, but I lost my balance falling over. Luckily Harry caught be pulling me back against his chest.

"Thank you." I told Harry turning around and taking a small step back, so Harry and I weren't pressed together.

"You almost had it," Harry said pulling me closer and turning me back around. He put his hands back to where they were before. He guided me showing me how to lean, so I wouldn't fall.

Harry's POV

"Like this," I told Rosie as I guided her, "wanna try again?"

"Sure."

Again I held Rosie helping her. This time she didn't fall. She smiled giving me a hug. I hesitated, but then hugged her back causing my sleeves to be pushed up.

Rosie released from the hug and looked down little. She looked back up into my eyes. Her face turning white. I stared at her with a blank expression not knowing what was going on.

"Harry are those...?" She trailed off. I immediately knew what she was talking about.

My scars. I pushed down my sleeves and took a step back. No one was supposed to know about them. No one was supposed to know about my horrible life. No one was supposed to know.

"Harry," she whispered desperately inching towards me. I shook my to the side, eyes open.

"Please Harry," she said in the same voice.

She reached for my arm, but I quickly moved away. I grabbed my board and turned around. I threw the board and caught up to it jumping on to it. I pushed off and rode away.

No one was supposed to know. Cause no one would ever give a damn.

Please give me feedback :)