Chapter 2

I couldn't do it. My brain wouldn't let me. I sighed leaning back on the railing.

"Hi." I heard a voice behind. I turned around slowly not expecting to see anyone. There sitting on a light blue bike was a girl with wavy long brown hair and hazel eyes. Her face free of makeup unlike so many girls. Her sweater hung loose around her shoulders. There was a small picnic basket in the basket of her bike. She smiled at me as her fingertips pushed her hair back behind her ear.

"Oh hi," I responded I didn't know what to say. I don't really have conversations.

"You like standing near the edge huh?" She joked, I hoped.

"Yeah," I told her. Thankfully she didn't know my real intentions of standing on the end of the bridge.

"Well, I'm Rosaleen, but you can call me-"

"Rosie. We go to school together."

"Really? I've never seen you."

"Yeah."

"Wait! I've seen you in the library after school when I go to there for the student council meetings," she smiled again ruffling her hair.

"Yeah, I go there after school," I replied climbing over the metal railing.

"Cool. Umm, do you want to join me on my picnic?"

"Uhh no thanks. I'm fine."

"Come on. It will be fun! You've gotta a bike?"

"Yeah."

"Then come on! Please." She begged. It didn't really know what to say. I have never been in a situation like this. No one has ever taken this much attention towards me.

"Okay. I guess." I told her walking to my bike and pulling it out of the grass. I led my bike over to Rosie before getting on.

"I know this great little place in the woods. I like to go there sometimes to relax and think. There's this pond and a gazebo. I'll show you," She smiled at me. Her cheeks little red from the brisk air. I nodded.

"You don't talk much, do you?" She asked after we had started riding.

"Nope."

"That's okay. I like it."

Her attitude was different to me. I wasn't a bad different just different. No one has ever actually taken the time to actually talk to me. She was also so nice. I felt good inside to know someone was capable of actually caring about me for a minute.

We rode a little bit longer before turning into the woods. I stayed behind Rosie's bike letting her lead the way. I thought about what I had just walked away from. I decided not to take my life. I decided to go leave and forget what I had planned. All because of Rosie.

Please comment and tell me your thoughts :)