Chapter 6

The rest of the week Rosie and I hung out after school. On Thursday we went back to the gazebo in the woods. Everyday my father would ask me where I was and who I was this. Like before he wouldn't have even cared if I said with some hookers at a bar. The day I graduated from school is the year I leave. I've been saving up money since the age of 11. With the birthday money from other relatives and odd jobs I've saved up enough.

I can't get Rosie off of my mind. She was so caring and thoughtful. It was amazing that I knew someone wanted to be around me. Rosie was special. She made me feel good inside like I was worthy. Something I haven't experienced in years.

I looked down to find my wrist. Filled with scars. I traced my fingers over them lightly remembering all the reason I did. Then, I slightly smiled, a feeling still new to me. I hadn't cut since I met Rosie. I felt proud, but then again Rosie showed me that someone could care. She was the reason, I didn't cut. She gave me hope.

Rosie's POV

I climbed through my window onto the roof of my house. Since I was little, I've been coming up here. It makes me feel free. The air was crisp hit my skin causing me to rub my arms.

I can't stop thinking about Harry. He always looked lost like he was somewhere else. His green eyes shimmered everywhere and his curly locks laying on his head. I feel like there is something about him. I liked it.

He didn't say much or show much emotion and I think he's hiding something, but I won't ask. I think it's too sensitive of a subject, I mean we just met. But even though we just met, I feel weirdly connected to him.

I pulled out my cellphone from my pocket and opened my pictures. I scrolled through the albums. I came across a few pictures of my brother.

I miss him, so much. He was only 7 when we left us. He was such a fighter. Its almost been 4 years since then. I still remember us rushing to the hospital. I held his hand the whole way. The doctors had to physically carry me out of his room. I cried for days, nights, weeks. It's all a blur after that. But Leukemia won in the end.

I wiped the tears that streamed down my cheeks sniffling a little. I shook my head trying to forget. I climbed onto the tree next to the roof going down. I wanted to take a walk. I really just needed to clear my head. I kept my head down as I walked not watching where I was going.

"Watch out!"

Please review! :) thanks