Chapter 5

"Harry!" I heard someone call. I turned around quickly to see who it was. I usually don't have people calling my name, so I was also a little confused. There was walking Rosie. She wore her hair up in a ponytail, which was different from the day before.

"Hi," she smiled.

"Hey."

"Sorry about having to leave yesterday."

"It's fine."

"I was wondering if you want to go to the library after school, so we could do homework and study?"

"Uhhh, I don't know."

"Ok it's fine. Just tell my if you want to later today. I'm going either way."

"I will," I told her as the bell rang for the first class.

"Bye." She smiled waving as she turned around.

"Bye."

I felt different actually talking to someone at school. It felt good. I'm pretty sure some of the other students noticed too because they were staring at us. They probably couldn't believe someone was interacting with me. Doesn't surprise me.

I walked into my math class remembering that I had given up on my homework last night.

Damn it.

"Uhhhh, Mr. White?" I asked my teacher.

"Yes," answered.

"I tried doing the homework last night, but I couldn't figure it out."

"That's another zero for homework and not doing work will not help you with the pop quiz we have right now."

"Mr. White I tried, I just don't understand. With some help-."

"Mr. Styles, you need more than help. There is no way you could get your grade up my the end of year. Not with the way you have been slacking."

"I haven't been slacking. I've just needed help and I've tried-."

"I'm tired of our excuses go take a seat."

"Yes, sir."

******

"Rosie?" I asked her after school as I tapped her shoulder.

"Mhhmm," she said turning around, "oh hey Harry."

"I'll come to the library with you."

"You will?"

"Yep."

"Ok great. Let me just get my stuff and we can head over there."

I nodded and followed Rosie to her locker. I had already collected my bag earlier. She opened her locker and filled her bag with her books.

"Ready?" She asked.

"Yeah."

We entered the library heading towards the tables. We both sat down at the second table. We pulled out books and pencils setting down on the table.

"What are your classes?" Rosie asked.

"The regulars then I take Spanish and reading. You?"

"Same! Expect I take photography instead of reading. What's your homework?"

"I have a ton of homework in math and government."

"I have some in math and science."

"Wanna do math together?"

"Yeah," she smiled biting her bottom lip.

******

"I just don't understand."

"Here let me help you."

Rosie showed me how to do the problem another way that my teacher hadn't showed me. It was a lot easier understand and work out. She helped with the first few problems and let me do the rest checking on me to make sure I was doing it right. She was so nice and helpful. She didn't yell if I got the answer wrong. She would explain what I did wrong, telling me she does the same thing all the time. It was like something I've never experienced.

"Thank you," I told her a slight smile coming across my face.

"I like your smile. You should smile more."

And that only made me smile more.

Please tell me what you think! thank you so much for reading :)