009. Dance

Thanks for reading!

Lots of new characters and secrets are revealed in this chapter..

<--- click if you like this story ! <3

Please vote, comment, and fan, thank youuu C:

---

We strode through… absolutely nothing. 

It was an inexplicable experience because all I saw was absolutely nothingness except for the forest around us. There were invisible walls and objects that were hidden from the naked eye all around us.

Violet had explained it as “under the influence of Aoi’s invisibility key piece”. The mansions and building were all surrounded by a protective wall, which explained what I had bumped into before. 

The buildings were turned invisible for safety precautions, but I was guessing there was another reason that they would resort to such dire methods.

It was definitely a town full of secrets… We weren’t able to see through the buildings but they were camouflaged as the surrounding fields and areas. I sighed.

Where on earth could I change?

“Miss. Asagi, we wont be able to see you if you are hiding behind an invisible object. It’ll just show the forest and fields, as usual because of the cloaking device.” Violet explained. Why did that sound so unsettling?
She pulled out a dress from her bag.

“I picked this from our own assortment of gowns and dresses for you to use. I’m sure you will be the star of the ball in these garments.” She complimented sincerely, handing me a delicate fabric. It poured into my hands like light. It shone a brilliant white, with a faint hue of pale pink.

“Wow, are you s-sure I can wear this?” I asked, astounded. I had never worn anything like it before. “This is such a delicacy, I’m flattered. Thank you for preparing it for me.” I accepted gratuitously.

I quickly felt around for something solid and checked for a backing, hoping it wasn’t a large building. Villagers in the town were friendly enough; all passing by sincere smiles and waves. 

I thought it was strangely peculiar that they were all able to memorize the labyrinth of a city so easily without some sort of special training, though.

No intruders were able to even think about penetrating through the town. But… were the villagers ever able to leave the town? 

I pulled the dress over me with my eyes closed, praying desperately to myself that no one would see me changing in the middle of the street.

As soon as I had finished, I leapt out from behind who-knows-what and flaunted off the dress to Violet. Her mouth fell open and she clapped in approval.

“Miss. Asagi, you look absolutely magnificent like I had foretold!” she squealed. That was a first. Usually Akari was in the spotlight. I blushed, feeling a little timid.

“Everyone’s eyes will be on you tonight.” She beamed. 

“It’s such an honour for you to wear a dress of our household, milady.” She curtsied. I giggled, examining my dress. The intricate designs and ribbons were a match made in heaven.

“Now that's exaggerating a little.” I responded, laughing.

“But you know, when you wear dresses like this, you have to do something like this, no?” I giggled. On impulse, I did a small pirouette, and the fabric billowed around me like an aurora.

Suddenly, Violet grabbed my hands, her fingers soft in my palm.

“Milady, let’s go.” She grinned, winking at me playfully.

This was the closest she had ever stood to me, and I could finally study her face a little closer. She seemed to have that ‘older sister’ type feel. She must’ve been at least seventeen or so. I was only fifteen. And though she wasn’t blatantly pretty, she had that unique look to her that made her attractive.