008. Pressure

Sorry for the late post, I've been busy C:

Thanks for reading like always, and please comment, fan, and vote <3

<---- click if you want me to continue this story C:

---

"Miss. Asagi, how are you feeling? Shall we go somewhere for entertainment?” a melodic voice asked me, snapping me back into reality. I nodded in response, a little bit dazed.

I suppose I had accidentally dozed off out of boredom. I had already asked numerous times if I was allowed to leave, only to be answered with a stern, unforgiving no.

Violet prompted me to rest, but in fact, taking a nap was the last thing on my mind.

The fact that I was their apparent “guest” to stay made absolutely no sense at all. My being here resembled more a ‘prisoner’ than the ‘honored guest’ façade they seemed to be trying to convey.

I had to find everyone. Now.

 “What do you consider entertainment?” I demanded enthusiastically, leaning forward on the sofa. My stomach growled obnoxiously.

I was feeling absolutely ravenous, but was not permitted to eat until their beloved ‘masters’ returned from their outings.

“I want to eat something…” I whined. Hunger could make even the nicest of people turn foul; and considering I wasn’t exactly the nicest on normal occasion, I wasn’t feeling so peachy now, either.

“Now, now, milady, do not be impatient. Now on the issue of entertainment, may I propose that we go to a ball? Does that sound appealing to you?” She smiled sweetly, almost like talking to a young child throwing a temper tantrum.

I raised my eyebrows skeptically. A ball?

“I can prepare a magnificent dress for you within minutes, miss. I’m guessing you don’t go to those sorts of things often?” She inquired, suddenly speaking with more confidence and less modesty. For a second, it almost sounded like she was mocking me. Hunger really was getting to my head, then.

"A dance, you mean?” I responded, thinking about it more deeply. I suppose she had a point… I had never attended one before, considering how busy Akari and I were all the time and all the dangers we try to evade from by avoiding public events.

“It’s a safe place, I promise. Nothing bad will happen, the people are pleasant and nice.” She smiled, as though comforting me.

I glanced up at Violet, growing slightly suspicious. Did she know I had a key piece? For safety reasons Akari and I had been trying to hide the fact that we had them… but could I honestly and truly trust her? 

“Master Akai and Aoi will also be dropping by the ball towards the end of the night, so perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity for you to roam outside a little, hmm?” She offered serenely, tilting her head.

“I might have to take you up on your offer of a dress… I don’t think I have anything that overly fancy to wear in my wardrobe.” I sighed, trying to think of all the dresses I had inside my earring.

She gave me a strange, perplexed look.

“Miss? Not even a dress, but, you don’t even have any extra clothes to wear.” She blinked innocently, staring at me.

It was always interesting to see peoples’ reactions to the power of my earrings.

I cleared my throat, ready to explain myself. I unhooked my earring from my ear.