005. Indetectable

<---- click for a virtual cookie ~ ^^

---

I swung around, only to come face-to-face with a gallant, arrogant looking boy perched in front of me, flippantly smirking at me with his eyebrows raised He resembled Aoi with his silver hair, as a matter of fact. But maybe silver hair was a common trait here?

Abruptly, he held out his hand in front of him towards me.

“Give it to me.” He demanded, still grinning obnoxiously as though he had some sort of enormous influence on me.

I took a step back and shook my head, clutching the key to my neck. There was still something about him that seemed a little… off. I was actually slightly afraid of his presence.

 “What, these?” I responded sarcastically, playing with the two pieces in my hand.

I could see his eye twitch in irritation, clearing not revering my behaviour. His hair was pulled back into ponytail and he had fierce, amber-colored eyes.

I slanted my eyes, trying to make any other sorts of observations about him. He was the one creating that huge disturbance earlier, after all.

“You’re kind of… annoying, you know.” He answered menacingly, sighing. I ignored his threat and continued to examine him. Red tank-top, black buttons aligned down the centre, tight black pants, black boots---he looked like… like… I couldn't put my finger around it. I could hear him clicking his tongue in exasperation, clearing growing impatient.

“Oh, I know, like a street thug!” I exclaimed, remembering suddenly. He looked absolutely taken back before he gawked at me in astonishment.

And as usual, the trio, plus Aoi, came hobbling from within the forest breathlessly after finally catching up.

 “Oh, hey, guys, I found the…” I began, only to be interrupted by the jerk. Kiro darted towards me and yanked his piece from my hands. “Of course, you’re still as grabby as ever.” I grumbled. Kiro raised an eyebrow as he shoved the piece back into his pocket.

Aoi suddenly appeared in front of me, his hood down, and revealing his ponytail. He had a soft, but stern look on his faces, and his eyes were filled with disappointment as he faced the look-a-like.

“Akai, c’mon, stop already…” Aoi’s voice trailed off. The man opposite him suddenly turned extremely furious.

“What do you think you’re doing?" Akai demanded angrily, his fists clenched at his sides. "You know that the 7th Moon is waiting for us.” Akai added under his breath, still the icy, harsh tone to his voice. Aoi looked half-heartedly to the ground, clearly uncomfortable.

The 7th moon… that oddly… sounded familiar… I looked towards Akari and she looked completely lost. But that was strange---Akari and I, for the mostpart, had similar knowledge and reacted to most things in the same way---maybe I was overreacting or jumping to conclusions, then. However, Kiro and Kira, who both exchanged makeshift glances, shuddered at the sound of the name.

“You guys are from the 7th Moon?” Kiro asked, his voice dead and brittle.

Akai chuckled, the arrogant expression taking over his face as he motioned Aoi towards him. Aoi glanced at me for a moment before he joined Akai. Now that they stood next to each other, it was a little frightening how alike they were… twins?

“And what if we are?” Akai retorted haughtily, folding his arms across his chest defiantly. He almost seemed to want to provoke Kiro, who immediately pulled out his own little trumpet device.

“Then I can inform the entire palace that you two are here. They’ll come and you’ll be executed immediately.” He explained in a monotone voice. I was somewhat stunned by this revelation---the 7th Moon… were that notorious? Akai grimaced and he nudged Aoi.